the affects of the H at WOT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
messn around and made this vid after i got my 440 going again
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/Evan03_photo/saw%20vids/GEDC1646.flv">
i just listend with the sound up and cant even realy hear it burbleing

a 1/2 turn does alot.

though i couldnt realy tune it because of the exstra noise comeing off the concrete floor but you get the idea

Last edited:
yes i think it does at part throttle.

yes 1/8 turn is alot i did this vid because alot of people find the good burble and crank the h 1/4 - 1/2 turn richer thats a stinkn ton.

yes i think it does at part throttle.

yes 1/8 turn is alot i did this vid because alot of people find the good burble and crank the h 1/4 - 1/2 turn richer thats a stinkn ton.

Yes 1/4-1/2 is too much in my opinion too, A slight 4stroke when you lift it out of the wood WOT is what i shoot for.. Ive got my wojo muff 440 @13900-14000 no load.. Nice Demonstration, but done outside the Audio would have been alot better:)
JT

the low never shuts off and will affect the high, the high will have little to no effect on the low. get the low right before sitting the high. get it warmed up proper even if it means making a few cuts 1st. spend some times kicking it over on both sides and upside down gettin a good idle and throttle response then fine tune the high. Then do it all again and remember whats good today may change tommorrow.

the lo speed jet does change the mixture at hi speed, but the hi speed does not change the lo speed mixture, I think, that is why you should adjust the lo first.

the low never shuts off and will affect the high, the high will have little to no effect on the low. get the low right before sitting the high. get it warmed up proper even if it means making a few cuts 1st. spend some times kicking it over on both sides and upside down gettin a good idle and throttle response then fine tune the high. Then do it all again and remember whats good today may change tommorrow.

bet a bunch of people dont know that

ive heard the kick it over roll it around and upside down to make sure it idles

i dont do that mine idle flat on the ground and maintain idle with the bar in a tree while felling it.

there is not float or anything so no reason they wond idle upside down when at all times if they have good idle when siting flat on the ground. mine have rolled down hill and landed upside down and still idleing.

does anyone think the low speed overlaps the high a little om a saw when tuning?

As several have already said, the answer is yes. As the throttle plate begins to open, fuel begins to flow from the idle fuel holes. Sometimes there are multiple holes and the begin to flow fuel as the throttle is progressively open. There is not enough air flow at this point for the H to flow fuel yet. As the throttle plate is opened the further, the H fuel supply will begin to flow. The idle holes will continue to flow as well. So WOT is the SUM of all fuel supplied, both L and H. Therefore the last thing you tune, is the H needle. Change your L, and you've change your WOT tuning.

mine have rolled down hill and landed upside down and still idleing.

The point of rolling it a little is to see if the low is too rich. Fuel can collect in the case with a rich mix, and rolling it stirs it up and floods the saw.

You can do it by hand though...no need for saw bowling.

Latest posts

Back