Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for Alpina Prof 70 IPL.

87322f4a7f8b035c3ddf3677dcdf1221.jpg

Were they even sold in the U. S. ?

IPL = ? Not sure what the 'I' stands for, nor what you refer to with 'they'.
But 70 cc Alpina and Castor chainsaws were sold in limited quantity in the US, however which editions I do not know.
You show one picture of an early '80 saw, but it could have points or an electronic ignition. Usually proclaimed on clutch cover, but that is no real proof. Does it have a chain oil window underneath the bar studs? All yellow air filter cover? Plastic liner in tank? A parts list I could send, but I doubt this would give access to nos supplies - as they do not exist anymore, save for the odd part in Europe. I include an exploded view for you to use in specifying the parts you could need. Mike

Attachments

• Alpina 70-S parts.jpg
    Alpina 70-S parts.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
IPL = ? Not sure what the 'I' stands for, nor what you refer to with 'they'.
But 70 cc Alpina and Castor chainsaws were sold in limited quantity in the US, however which editions I do not know.
You show one picture of an early '80 saw, but it could have points or an electronic ignition. Usually proclaimed on clutch cover, but that is no real proof. Does it have a chain oil window underneath the bar studs? All yellow air filter cover? Plastic liner in tank? A parts list I could send, but I doubt this would give access to nos supplies - as they do not exist anymore, save for the odd part in Europe. I include an exploded view for you to use in specifying the parts you could need. Mike
IPL = illustrated parts list.
Thanks for the 70-s ipl. Only one I had is attached.

Attachments

• 70 ipl.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
IPL = illustrated parts list.
Thanks for the 70-s ipl. Only one I had is attached.
'Illustrated', what do you know?
Anyway, that is a page of the late 80's parts book, of all (then) current saws.
But you should see the same numbers making sense in the exploded view sent this morning. Prior to 1979 the old system of four digits was used, but I am not sure these older saws were exported to the US.

Good morning all. I am looking for ipls and any other literature for the Homelite XL 900 and 922 saws. Thanks and have a good day!
Check your inbox, sent info but am guessing these are Terry saws ( Canadian Homelite). Wonder if they made a Homelite - Terry shop service manual?

Latest posts

Back