Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be posting in the wrong place , I purchased a Stihl MS291 several years ago , the dealer added an extended storage life gas mixture and started saw momentarily, after many start attempts , changing fuel, spark plug , starting fluid , nothing. I suspect carburetor diaphragm
as this model has no primer. Any suggestions and link to a service repair manual would be appreciated. Dealer quoted several hundred dollars to repair the saw that has never been used.
Thanks Bill

I may be posting in the wrong place , I purchased a Stihl MS291 several years ago , the dealer added an extended storage life gas mixture and started saw momentarily, after many start attempts , changing fuel, spark plug , starting fluid , nothing. I suspect carburetor diaphragm
as this model has no primer. Any suggestions and link to a service repair manual would be appreciated. Dealer quoted several hundred dollars to repair the saw that has never been used.
Thanks Bill
Check your Inbox.

Looking for an IPL for a Homelite 2000. If anyone can help out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
MP5N

looking for a ms440 service manual. if you have a ipl that would be handy too!
thank you

Thanks Bill
Use the manual atpchas provided and see exactly what model ZAMA or Walbro carb you have, and then buy a new replacement for ~$30 off scAmazon. Bolt off, pull the lines, very lightly grease the aluminum mating faces, slide on the new one, and retorque nuts to specs in manual. Or if you tech savvy, disassemble and blast the aluminum carb-block out with carb cleaner (sounds like a stuck needle).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone have the Carb Charts?
The Data Charts 2005 / 2006 CARB / EPA or (Newer) for Carburetor setting
Or latest all-inclusive package for M-CAT?

Thanks!

https://www.purplewave.com/auction/100630A/item/1021

I own a splitter just like this i have had it four years now. Its a L35 LaFonte Green Machine log splitter.

Anyone have a manual for it??
Old splitter??? Company is out of business. Found no manuals on the web. You probably saw this thread. It's is over 3 years old.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/lafont-log-splitter-help.195675/#post-4066848

I would pull it to a Hydraulic local shop and they should be able to get seals and see if rod is worn.

I would like to have the shop manual and IPL for a Stihl 041 AVEQ

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeping with the originating post:

I'm in need of a service manual for a Stihl 056 - or it might be an 045. It's an oldie and I just inherited it and am basing the model on comparison with on-line photos. Name plate is missing. Ran great for about an hour, then quit. Spark plug is bone dry but there's fuel in the tank. I like to know what I'm doing before I start taking things apart, hence the request for a manual...

Thanks in advance - I appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back