The best 2 stroke oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It leaves residue on the piston, in the ring land and in general leaves a carbon mess. It's not ideal for power equipment use.
Thanks Sean.
Used a gallon of Husq XP prior and that worked good. I don’t make a living with my equipment so I Jack around trying different stuff. I have some of the Supertech synthetic mixed up too. It’s noticeably less viscous than XP. I mix heavy, tune, no problems yet

Lubrimatic isn't on the official JASO list. I found one ad at a random online retailer saying it was TC/FB rated.

Your saw won't blow up, but I'd pass on running it. There's better available.
Thanks, will give it away..... :))) Fifteen Stihl saws and a KM131R with a bunch of toys. Oldest saw I bought new in 1969, an 041AV.....next was an AVE..... oh, what a good way to spend money. Made money logging in the early 70's.... then grad school changed that.. I still run that first saw, compression is still 140psi..... newer saws are good, but my newest are two 075's. Oops..... 192 TC is the newest. Good little climbing saw.
God bless

Thanks Sean.
Used a gallon of Husq XP prior and that worked good. I don’t make a living with my equipment so I Jack around trying different stuff. I have some of the Supertech synthetic mixed up too. It’s noticeably less viscous than XP. I mix heavy, tune, no problems yet
Black max oil at walmart is good too.

I meant the 1 gallon containers that make 50 gallons of mixed fuel. It is at a price point that isn't worth it. Considering amsoil is 65-70 per gallon
I'd get husqy/redmax oil before I bought scamsoil. Actually there are quite a few other brands that are cheaper that I would buy before scams oil. Having said that I still have 3 un opened gallons of red armor. Won't need oil for some time.

I'd get husqy/redmax oil before I bought scamsoil. Actually there are quite a few other brands that are cheaper that I would buy before scams oil. Having said that I still have 3 un opened gallons of red armor. Won't need oil for some time.

Yep. Husky/Redmax JASO FD for $50/gal.

Amsoil is a marketing company, not an oil company.

Plenty of oil threads exist here. Search. Some are good and helpful, some not.

I use oil designed for AIR cooled 2-strokes, not boat oil, though that works for some also.

Any oil is better than no oil, that is the main thing.

Using multi level marketing like Amway, sellers talk up the product to increase their sales / profit. Both companies probably sell good products but I prefer buying products that are just as good or better the traditional retail way.

Back