The Call To Free Firewood Goes High-Tech !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ductape

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So I'm hanging around the house Friday, minding my own business and my cell phone rings. I've got a picture message on my phone from a friend of mine, and it looks like this.

2.jpg

I text him back that I'll give him a phone call at dinner time. When I talk to him, he says he had a logger come in and clear a bunch of pine from his lot. There's also some hardwood (as pictured) , and I'm free to come cut.

So yesterday I head to his house and what I find has me stunned! He has borrowed a commercial chipper from a friend who runs a utility service company........ and a super split from another friend.

Wood011.jpg

Wood019.jpg

Wood013.jpg

So I grab my 372 and start cutting some two+ foot oak. As I'm cutting to stove length, he and three of his neighbors are splitting it all and loading it in my trailer.........as fast as I could cut. They filled my trailer and I stacked more in my truck.

Wood014.jpg

Wood009.jpg

Wood006.jpg

So I bring home a load yesterday afternoon, and go back for another load today. I've got a good couple cord of oak, maple, and ash. Even superdog had a great time !

It sure is great to have good friends........ and even better to have good friends who also have good friends. :cheers:

Return the favor!

If I were you I'd drop $100 and buy four 25$ gift cards to TGI Fridays for your buddy and the folks that helped you out....they made it an ultimate weekend for you and it would be a real classy touch to say thanks to those folks....nice score!

I agree with the gift cards , when friends help out others friends makes for a good day, the only thing better would be a couple boxes of beers and some steaks off the old weber grill. That's a nice score of wood you got.:cheers:

Thanks for the compliments on my truck guys! Its a late 97 (would have been a 98 if Ford made a 98), and I bought it two and a half years ago from the original owner with only 63,000 miles on it :clap:. I've got 95ish on it now...... and my budget says I need to get 10+ years out of it if living in the rust belt doesn't kill it first.:cry:

same thing--i was looking more at the truck then the wood!!!!!-------gasser, or a rattler??? think i could see the pwr emblem-----------and the pup--just cant beat a golden---all around dog---

Great load you got there, quite a haul!Love that sideload cap on your truck,been thinking of one of them after I get a decent truck to put under it!I would look stupid sitting on my rusty ole dodge!
nothing better than some good friends pitching in!

Latest posts

Back