the curl of the burl !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddawg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
heres a few pix I thought you carvers might enjoy seeing after a utility company came thru with the rightaway

this burl almost entirely surrounds this oak tree

thats a yard stick for refference

mike

thecurloftheburl001.jpg

thecurloftheburl003.jpg

thecurloftheburl002.jpg

heres a few pix I thought you carvers might enjoy seeing after a utility company came thru with the rightaway

this burl almost entirely surrounds this oak tree

thats a yard stick for refference

mike

thecurloftheburl001.jpg

thecurloftheburl003.jpg

thecurloftheburl002.jpg

that last pic looks like a huge pair of hooters

Looks like someone had already cut into the burl on the top....did you get a photo of the grain structure in there?

I've got oak burls laying around here...can't give them away. To bad too...there is some really nice stuff going on in oak burls, but they just don't have that exotic name and get overlooked.

Scott B

Looks like someone had already cut into the burl on the top....did you get a photo of the grain structure in there?

I've got oak burls laying around here...can't give them away. To bad too...there is some really nice stuff going on in oak burls, but they just don't have that exotic name and get overlooked.

Scott B

I saw the wedge cut out but ida had to step in a foot of water to look...maybe tomorrow

it aint my burl either ill ask about it next time hes home

Last edited:

Scott B

Oak Burls that you cant give away? You got my addy, let me know the shipping costs! lol

Latest posts

Back