The Dead of Night, Old Growth spiders in my brain.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a while since I took the time to be on this thread Pard. I have been missing out! Awesome stories. I would love to sit on the porch and drink whiskey with ya, and just listen. Keep it up :)

I'm glad you go that one out. :clap: We'll all be waiting on another one.

....it was a miscalculation, one of many, too far away, couldn't do the job, too close, well we got that first hand. We had dodged in for a closer look, the roiled air, visible with the smoke, looked angry and confused, the center of the column seemed solid, we moved North and the bottom fell out. The 212 reacted badly, engines screaming, alarms screaming, crewmen screaming. It slewed to the left, settling into a list while dropping rapidly. Then came the updraft, it hit like an earthquake, the 'copter shuddered, a glance through the upper windows showed the rotors to be bent upwards some. Another kick sideways, the frame flexed, rivets popped from the deck and bulkheads.......

Yes!

Man, you got any idea how much of a tease you are when you give us a single paragraph that hits as hard as that one did?

Thanks, man. :cheers:

i want more randy that one paragraph is great but i am left hanging

Billy_Calder.jpg

The Alton Tavern

....MacKnothead says to me "I can't deal with this and you too" I made some comment about the Campbell blood in his family, calculated to rile Kev up, but he didn't go for it, this time. He kept at it, I knew he was seething inside, not really wanting to go there, I bought Kev another beer thinking he might ease up. For all the good it did, I should have brought up his sister, instead I reminded him that anyone who would set chokers in a stream, wearing nothing but gloves, boots and a hardhat, would certainly be capable of finishing our little project. Kev wasn't having any of it, he took a set and wasn't about to be moved. I pushed a little too hard, he took the beer out of my hand and popped me a good one below the left eye. Before I could see straight, I blundered on, saying "Mort Ghlinne Comhann" that earned me another one in the same spot. Not one to give up, I poured beer on his muddy boots and asked if I should call DiDi to come and pick him up. I saw this one coming, I prodded his sorry ass well and beyond what he would take from me. I ducked, stuck my right shoulder in his guts, lifted 225 pounds of raging Scotsman off the floor, took three big steps and unloaded him. I was figuring on Kev crashing to the floor, well, evidently we were closer to the wall and through the window he went. Kev landed on his back at the feet of shorts wearing pilgrims from Pennsilvania, who gawked then clambered back into a giant Buick. Kev climbed back in through the now empty hole, the fire in his eyes wasn't out yet.......

....it was a miscalculation, one of many, too far away, couldn't do the job, too close, well we got that first hand. We had dodged in for a closer look, the roiled air, visible with the smoke, looked angry and confused, the center of the column seemed solid, we moved North and the bottom fell out. The 212 reacted badly, engines screaming, alarms screaming, crewmen screaming. It slewed to the left, settling into a list while dropping rapidly. Then came the updraft, it hit like an earthquake, the 'copter shuddered, a glance through the upper windows showed the rotors to be bent upwards some. Another kick sideways, the frame flexed, rivets popped from the deck and bulkheads.......

The crew foreman looks at me, and says

"Just think. We're flying low bid."

At least that's what ruined helicopter rides for me.

Oh my lad, the old days. To have fun, you had to be tough.
In some places, before you went into town, you tucked a revolver in your belt, you never knew when you might run across a relative.
LMAO!!!
We may have left the old country, but the old ways didn't leave us. I had more split knuckle fights, traded more rounds with my cousins than everyone else put together. Between the MacKnotheads and the McLains, there was little time to fight with anyone else. the McLain bunch fought just to fight, MacNaughtons fought to regain what they believe they lost, what they think I took from them. Well, there is a story for another day, the great raid on Colin's Fortress, the mystery of the Holy Regalia, decryption of the Tomes, desecration of a Tomb.
Kinda funny, over 300 years of family politics and hostilities, continued in a tawdry tavern at a crossroads.

Last edited:
You old timers had way to much damn fun.

Lucky ####s. . . .

Lol just a few short years ago we played harder than people fight now. It was a different world.
People laughed hard, worked hard and played hard and sometimes they died young.
I am not sure I like this new kinder softer world. In fact I am sure I don't I am already a dinosaur a year before I turn forty.

Latest posts

Back