The Dead of Night, Old Growth spiders in my brain.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The high and the mastery coupled with that lack of fear that few possess.

I nearly got into a broadside the other day. A girl pulled out into a two lane in front of me and her car stalled blocking both lanes. I had to hit the brakes HARD, and with no anti-lock brakes I left a hell of a skid trail. Strong smell of burning rubber and tires squealing like a screaming pig. I made my way around her and back down the road. I half-expected my heart to be beating out of my chest. Nothing, just pumping away as if I were hunkered down on the couch at home. Is this normal?

Minor update, 5 chapters completed, another 6 partials on the table, enough fragments for several more, a foreword with afterthoughts, 40photos to review. There are some that I was going to use, but out of respect for the dead, most were returned to the families. The widow of one man had lost everything in a fire years ago, the old faded photos were the only ones she has now. While I would have loved to have included them, I felt that my needs were a distant second place.
The last chapter completed was "Adventures in Sport Falling" aka "We left them were they fell".
The next up is "Living with Elastic Boundaries" stories of a more personal nature. Oh the pitfalls and follies. Apalling behavior by today's standards and maybe it wasn't all that cool back then either, oh well.
I am maybe 25% into the Sierra Nevada story and possibly one full third along the way to finishing. Tough going at times, often at odds with myselves, LOL, I can be such an ass.
Two family members have threatened bodily harm, one of them mailed me a dead crow. Someone I have never known wanted to sue me for the title, which is not the same as this thread and not set yet. That went well for them, I promised them a long term hospitial stay if I heard from them again. ####ing commie bastard. Its good to have friends of friends that owe you.

Good Morning Randy,

glad it's coming along. Still can't wait to read it.

Busy weekend coming, be well.

Two family members have threatened bodily harm, one of them mailed me a dead crow. Someone I have never known wanted to sue me for the title, which is not the same as this thread and not set yet. That went well for them, I promised them a long term hospitial stay if I heard from them again. ####ing commie bastard. Its good to have friends of friends that owe you.

Randy, I'm so glad to hear you keep on typing and making some good progress too.

Considering the reactions, the title must be dynamite!

Glad to hear you are moving along. Looking forward to the finished project!!! My wife is now kind of doing the same thing now, its not organized yet, just a bunch of journal entries more or less. I think she is looking to be the next Sylvia Plath, being as "The Bell Jar" is one of here major influences. Keep writing, and as many others, cant wait for the book:cheers:.

Glad to hear it's coming along pretty well. Can't wait for the finished product.

The day after a long night of strong drink was always my favorite for writing. Just before the next night of strong drink. Usually this ended up being a Sunday.

Sunday Morning Coming Down.

Can't wait to see it in print some day Randy.

Back