The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've been kinda layed low with some kinda crud so I 've been watching a lot of videos. Came across one last night from a logger down south. He had about 19-20 trees in a row that he was going to drive. Now he explained how the breeze was blowing and how safe it was going to be because he assured us viewers that all his face cuts were OSHA approved. I guess I must still be on the turnip truck because I didn't know OHSA approved face cuts.:surprised3:

Don't be talking bad about my bud - Logger Wade. :rolleyes: Ron

I've watched lots of wades videos. I enjoy them. Sometimes he does dicey ****. You guys would be lying if you said you don't do some of the dicey stuff that he does every once and a great while. The skidder is 234677 miles away. Your out of wedges. It's cold so you go dump a tree into the mess so you can stay working and keep warm, and like magic the last tree you cut takes the whole mess down perfect. Then you run out of gas and are screwed again cause you left it on the skidder.............

You guys don't wana know what i think about wades cutn.

Dicey **** comes with hand cutting.

1270- I've never seen a processor in action like that. Pretty cool. You'd be able to utilize a lotta wood in my stands when I'm done. About 4" is all I go on the small end. 6-8" is ideal for me. Thanks for the video!

Rumor is DOT is going to require these at all scale houses soon:

KgqRFd3.jpg

Ron

??? To be honest I'm usually going to fast to notice...

Almost tipped it over backwards last week though, wasn't on much of a grade but dumping some wet top soil that didn't really want to come out.

I've had it at about say 20 deg loaded maybe a little more? Wasn't comfortable. Steep enough to hear the load start to shift.

Start dropping trees on the first job of the new season. Still feet of snow in places, but it's hard enough to walk on. 80 miles from the homestead. Done cutting by 12:30. Blown out of the SOB. I saw a healthy 18" aspen blow over and I called the game due to weather.

I hope this one doesn't go this way from start to finish.

I saw yer gooberner wants to implement "shower fines" for long showers. . . Riiiiiiiiiight.

Shower with a friend? Nah, that wouldn't work either. Those kind of showers tend to lend themselves to serious foolishness and an even longer shower than usual.

I wouldn't expect Governer Moonbeam to relate to that though. Or, then again....;)

Back