The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get that low boy driver scowl ready... and tell the pilot car driver about the I-5 bridge over the Skagit. :laugh: Look glum.

He might be at the Skagit already! I'm sitting here at the pavement waiting for him to realize there's no big red KW with a D-6 on the lowbed in his rear view mirror. He hit the highway, took a hard right, and that was the last I saw of him. He doesn't answer his phone or the radio.

And believe me, looking glum is no problem.

The hornets over in Idaho are something else this year....And my body seems a little more offended by their stings this year too......Hope it cools off real soon.

Take care - Sam

The hornets over in Idaho are something else this year....And my body seems a little more offended by their stings this year too......Hope it cools off real soon.

Take care - Sam

They can smell the Coors, you need to switch beers. :msp_razz:

He might be at the Skagit already! I'm sitting here at the pavement waiting for him to realize there's no big red KW with a D-6 on the lowbed in his rear view mirror. He hit the highway, took a hard right, and that was the last I saw of him. He doesn't answer his phone or the radio.

And believe me, looking glum is no problem.

You ever catch up with that pilot car Pokey?

Andy

You ever catch up with that pilot car Pokey?

Andy

Pfffftttt! I'm not pokey, I'm, uh, deliberate. Yeah, that's it...deliberate. I like that. When I drive the lowbed, which isn't often, I get very deliberate.

He eventually came back. He said "Well, you told me to stay out in front of you". He was right, that's what I told him. I should have told him that didn't mean two counties in front though. LOL...he's a good kid, just green and full of energy. His Dad is one of the fallers, one of the good ones...and the kid goes to college and scrapes up whatever work he can find. Gotta honor that.

Pfffftttt! I'm not pokey, I'm, uh, deliberate. Yeah, that's it...deliberate. I like that. When I drive the lowbed, which isn't often, I get very deliberate.

He eventually came back. He said "Well, you told me to stay out in front of you". He was right, that's what I told him. I should have told him that didn't mean two counties in front though. LOL...he's a good kid, just green and full of energy. His Dad is one of the fallers, one of the good ones...and the kid goes to college and scrapes up whatever work he can find. Gotta honor that.

Hahaha. My son say's I drive like a turtle when I'm moving equipment.

Andy

Meeting this one on a slick road struck terror in my heart. He wasn't the best driver in the snow but he was the only one on the crew with a license to drive.

View attachment 310449

That's the first "REAL" crummy I've seen in the forestry & logging forum in quite a while. :cheers:
Most of the crummy pictures I see here are just pickup trucks, single cab, maybe extended cab.
Two full size seats is the minimum requirement for a crummy.

Andy

That's the first "REAL" crummy I've seen in the forestry & logging forum in quite a while. :cheers:
Most of the crummy pictures I see here are just pickup trucks, single cab, maybe extended cab.
Two full size seats is the minimum requirement for a crummy.

Andy

That's cuz it was. Was. It was a gypo logger outfit and one of the rigging rats decided to go to town and walked up, took the crummy down the road at a high rate of speed, and did not make the hairpin curve. Crummy met up with an old growth sized stump and was totalled. The rigging rat hitchhiked on into town. The crummy even sported a blue tailgate...it was a genuine crummy and I was sad to hear of its end.

A year before, the crew ignored my directions of the way to go if the river came up and they barely made it across the river. They felt the crummy trying to float on down, but they made it. Even with all that stuff in the back, it wanted to go down the river. They'd tailgate the tourists and the tourists would get out of the way, that's why the front bumper was never replaced, it made it more scary to tourists.
The gypo logger was having closure issues, he was fond of his crummy.

Latest posts

Back