The "Holy Grail" of Homelite Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats WM, I know youve been looking for a while. I still havent been back to the ol Homelite shop :(

But like Hoss said- HURRY up already

Congrats WM, I know youve been looking for a while. I still havent been back to the ol Homelite shop :(

But like Hoss said- HURRY up already

Well here it is! I haven't run it yet since it's 12:48am here but I got her all put back together. Looking really good to but i have a few things i wanna tweak 1st before I call her finished. I gotta strip the green and 1/2 missing paint off the handle bar and look for another flywheel cover. I reused the old one since it was not broken but its fun faded to an orange color and the rest of the saw is red and IMO looks like crap.

I have a new loop of stihl .404 skip here I got with the bar but its to long and needs a few links taken out. Other then that I think she is ready to cut wood.

DSC04386.jpg

DSC04385.jpg

DSC04384.jpg

Congrats!

Wildman, WOW :jawdrop:

Time well spent, you've really got something special there.

I hate to ask.....she gonna be a runner or a showpiece? Really is a thing of beauty. :clap:

That sob looks great! :clap: I have that same Cannon bar in the Pioneer mount, mines a 32".

Wildman, WOW :jawdrop:

Time well spent, you've really got something special there.

I hate to ask.....she gonna be a runner or a showpiece? Really is a thing of beauty. :clap:

She is gonna be a runner but only every once in awhile. She was a runner before but the thumb would get tired if you know what i mean. I'll use here here and tehre but plan to keep in pristine condition! I actually bought a 1050 recently to use as my runner cause it the same saw with an auto oiler built in already.

Well here it is! I haven't run it yet since it's 12:48am here but I got her all put back together. Looking really good to but i have a few things i wanna tweak 1st before I call her finished. I gotta strip the green and 1/2 missing paint off the handle bar and look for another flywheel cover. I reused the old one since it was not broken but its fun faded to an orange color and the rest of the saw is red and IMO looks like crap.

I have a new loop of stihl .404 skip here I got with the bar but its to long and needs a few links taken out. Other then that I think she is ready to cut wood.

DSC04386.jpg

DSC04385.jpg

DSC04384.jpg

Got the nos muffler cover going too huh? Well i'd say you have that saw set up about as well these can be set up. You have a real gem there. I know you'll enjoy it.

Got the nos muffler cover going too huh? Well i'd say you have that saw set up about as well these can be set up. You have a real gem there. I know you'll enjoy it.

Thanks Hoss. I'm really happy with it. Once i get the handle bar cleaned up and a non sun faded orange flywheel cover i'll be happy with the finished project. I'm pretty happy as is though. That oiler and bar really make the saw. :clap:

sounds like I grabbed the wrong loop. I thought I sent the full comp loop that fit it.

I had that longer loop of skip that needed shortened hanging with that set but sent you the wrong one.

do you need a repair set ?

sounds like I grabbed the wrong loop. I thought I sent the full comp loop that fit it.

I had that longer loop of skip that needed shortened hanging with that set but sent you the wrong one.

do you need a repair set ?

It's ok. I'll bring it to the local stihl dealer and just have it shortned. I stopped and saw cuttin Scott today and had a few other chains sharpened and lengthened/shortned. He didn't have any stihl chain stuff though

Here she is basically complete! I still gotta tweak the carb a little bit, Strip the green paint off the handle cause it's 1/2 missing anyways and get a new fan cover. I just bought that one to replace a broken one but of course in the picture it didn't look "sun faded".
DSC04390.jpg

DSC04391.jpg

DSC04393.jpg

DSC04392.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pWErIbToM8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pWErIbToM8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yea that would be it. It's really cool and i'm glad to have had it. I wont be getting rid of it though unless the right thing comes along but I really want a 1100/1130G or a Mac SP125.

I have the 1050 and 2100 now so this will end up sitting.

I know a guy with a bunch of SP-125s...

I hear of a bunch of people that do but I never see any materialize if you know what I mean.

This is a cool saw no doubt. I'm glad I got to play with the oiler but I have replacement saws to use and cant see it sitting on a shelf when I like to run them. Atleast I can say I had one.

If I dont get the right offer though I'm not gonna give it away and it i'll look at it on the shelf ya know.

The good thing about that is you have a one-of-kind part that are very hard to come by.

I think the reason you don't see many 125s materialize is because they're a fun saw to run and they have the best of everything- huge displacement and power, auto oiling, vibration control, and they sound so freakin cool.

The good thing about that is you have a one-of-kind part that are very hard to come by.

I think the reason you don't see many 125s materialize is because they're a fun saw to run and they have the best of everything- huge displacement and power, auto oiling, vibration control, and they sound so freakin cool.

That's all the reasons why I want one. The are just bad azz

Latest posts

Back