The Kuliens (boots) Are Here! Or, Smurfed Again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of calks and other pointy #### you hook to your boots :hmm3grin2orange:

when is the speed climbing demo at Rancho Del Nate-o taking place :rock::rock:

I gots to snag my stuff that John dropped off too (and don't try and tell me your half of the bar oil was the bottom half so you had to pour mine out to get to it :biggrin: )

Naw, it didn't happen like that. . . What DID happen though -- is I had to dump your half out to make sure it wasn't contaminated. . . Everything checked out, now we have to figure out how to ring the dirt out to put it back in the jug. :msp_blink:

Naw, it didn't happen like that. . . What DID happen though -- is I had to dump your half out to make sure it wasn't contaminated. . . Everything checked out, now we have to figure out how to ring the dirt out to put it back in the jug. :msp_blink:

Just leave it out in the cold and filter it through a coffee filter, I'll be over in the fall of 2014 when it's done LOL

Who the ####in you think you are saying I am somebody I aint. Who ever the ####in ever this guy is if he a member let him speak up or you all can welter off:msp_thumbup:I am using my old mans account since he is in the great loogers retirement home.

Who the ####in you think you are saying I am somebody I aint. Who ever the ####in ever this guy is if he a member let him speak up or you all can welter off:msp_thumbup:I am using my old mans account since he is in the great loogers retirement home.

Seriously? Skoty, we know it's you dude. . . Don't be pulling no crap.

Welter off? That's a new one. Hey, got any videos for us?

Would this be the same father that caused his ever loving son to get "white finger" because of the old chainsaws he had to run as a child? Great loogers retirement home. Please stop! you're killing me here. Was he a " logger" or a champion spitter?Back to the ignore list

If this is Scotty... well you aren't off to a great start. Tread softly for a few days. Just sayin.

BTW how do I "welter off".

Regarding boots, I have mentioned before that my neighbor is a major player in the world leather market. His family owned one of the largest tanneries in the country before all the US companies moved their shoe production to China. His company supplied leather to White's, Wesco, etc. He brokers high end leather these days mostly to bag manufacturers. We talked about boots a few days ago and as far as he knows there is no domestic source for sole leather, it all comes from either South America or Italy. The top custom boot shops are having trouble getting leather like they are used to.

Another case of America shooting itself in the foot by becoming an import, consumer only economy. We need our manufacturing base back.

As a side: You put a springboard together yet?

Another case of America shooting itself in the foot by becoming an import, consumer only economy. We need our manufacturing base back.

I was thinking the same exact thing... It's our own fault. I personally have made an effort to only purchase Made in USA goods recently to try to do my part :) although I suppose that's not to say the sum of the parts all originated here though. As in this sole leather example....

Boot Creak

Roma sounds like they did not get regular deep oiling. I learned to pull the insoles and put in a few ounces of liquid neatsfoot oil to condition the inside areas under the insoles,alot of the better boots are have leather in this area.

Speaking of boots, my trusty old Filsons have developed a creaking noise with every step. At first I thought I was just getting old, but it is in fact the boots and not my leg making the sound. Can this be remedied with a resole?

I recall reading somewhere that when a shoe or boot squeaks, it means it is not paid for. :msp_smile:

The Kulien folks said to NEVER oil the soles, or they'd stretch.

The reason you have remove the insole and oil them is sweat contains salts that over time dry out the leather. Regular oiling on the inside of the boot ensures the oil gets to every nook and crany.Knowing how boots are made will give one a clue as to what it takes to keep them in good condition for a longer then boots that fail to be taken care of.
\[video=youtube;qvr1pqqAjgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvr1pqqAjgw&feature=related[/video]

Yup, another video from HBRN. So when will you be reciting from Wikpedia again? :poke:
Who the #### are you calling me liar :angry: I do not stand being bashed when unknown to anyone on this site. The things I am seeing are just what people local to me say about this site,full of BS artist and arm chair loggers.

The reason you have remove the insole and oil them is sweat contains salts that over time dry out the leather. Regular oiling on the inside of the boot ensures the oil gets to every nook and crany.Knowing how boots are made will give one a clue as to what it takes to keep them in good condition for a longer then boots that fail to be taken care of.

Thought wearing wool socks on your feet inside the boots is to absorb the sweat before it makes it into the leather inside of the boot.
Doesn't everybody wear socks when they wear boots ?

Am i missing something important here ?

Who the #### are you calling me liar :angry: I do not stand being bashed when unknown to anyone on this site. The things I am seeing are just what people local to me say about this site,full of BS artist and arm chair loggers.

Well, if I were you I wouldn't hang out with a bunch like us. If I were you I'd just flat pick up and leave. Yeah, that's what I'd do.

Just think of how happy you'll be over at Lawnsite. They won't pick on you. Hell, you'll probably be one of their most valued members and a hero in no time at all.

We'll sure miss you.

Back