The Ms441 just came in today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas72

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I bought this saw a week ago and seems to be in really good shape. The chain and bar are suppose to be original and look that way. My camera is giving me the quits so these are the best pictures I can take right now. I hope to try it out tomorrow, but I think I should get a 20" bar as this one is a little short.

100_1513.jpg

100_1515.jpg

100_1516.jpg

Thats a nice saw. Don't beleive any of the hype on this site about it being a bad saw. I love mine and so do some other guys on this site. Powerful, sips gas, and needs very infrequent air filter cleaning. Seems to have better acceleration than my 460 or 660. Happy cutting.:hmm3grin2orange:

Thats a nice saw. Don't beleive any of the hype on this site about it being a bad saw. I love mine and so do some other guys on this site. Powerful, sips gas, and needs very infrequent air filter cleaning. Seems to have better acceleration than my 460 or 660. Happy cutting.:hmm3grin2orange:

You are 100% correct!

thats a nice saw. Don't beleive any of the hype on this site about it being a bad saw. I love mine and so do some other guys on this site. Powerful, sips gas, and needs very infrequent air filter cleaning. Seems to have better acceleration than my 460 or 660. Happy cutting.:hmm3grin2orange:

+1

It came with a 16" bar and chain. Will this saw pull a 25" bar? I will cut a fair amount of hardwood and pine.

It came with a 16" bar and chain. Will this saw pull a 25" bar? I will cut a fair amount of hardwood and pine.

It will pull a 25" bar all day long. That is what Stihl recommends for it. They say it will pull up to a 32"(I have never tried anything on it, but a 25" with full comp RSC and RMC chain).

Mine pulls a 25" through hardwood - walnut, maple, oak, cottonwood, etc. and I have yet to bog it down. I mill pine with the bar totally buried and it pulls with no problems.

The 441 is a real nice saw.

Mine came, new, with the 25" bar. Far as I can tell, that's the recommended length for the saw. Of course, it'll run great with a shorter or longer one, too. I haven't used mine with anything longer than a 25" so can't say whether you'd want a skip chain for a 32" or whatever. After what I've seen with mine and the 25", I would predict it'll do fine with a bit of a longer bar with full comp. chain, but someone else here will be able to tell you for sure.

You guys need to stop talking about the MS441. Every time somebody starts a thread about it, it makes me want to trade my almost new MS440 more and more. I honestly wasn't impressed with how the 440 pulls a 25" bar. I would rather use my 20"bar. From the sounds of it, the 441 pulls a 25" bar really good.

Mine also does great with full comp rsc with 25". I tried to slap an 8 rim sprocket on and that was a little too much with the bar totally buried. I have an idea with a 20" and an 8 it would do ok. I traded my 460 on it and am not a bit sorry i did.

You guys need to stop talking about the MS441. Every time somebody starts a thread about it, it makes me want to trade my almost new MS440 more and more. I honestly wasn't impressed with how the 440 pulls a 25" bar. I would rather use my 20"bar. From the sounds of it, the 441 pulls a 25" bar really good.

They are neck and neck with a 20" and feels like a 25" will have the same results but his 441 only had a 20" on it.

You got the muffler opened up on that 440? DP cover?

I have had one for about 1 month now. Very nice saw. Smooth in the cut. Lot's of power. I also have a 361. Love them both. I run rsc chains. I can only compare the 441 against my Husky 385xp, it is not as powerful but then it is not in the 80cc range neither. I use a 460 at work at times and I think there is not much difference in the 441 and 460 except the 441 is smoother because of the anti vibes. The 441's reputation will build as time goes on and more people and company's switch over to them. I bought the 441 because it was different than the 460's that we use at work and I am not dissapointed at all with my decision.

I've had mine for over a year now with no problems and no complaints. I'm sure your gonna be happy with it! :cheers:

They are neck and neck with a 20" and feels like a 25" will have the same results but his 441 only had a 20" on it.

You got the muffler opened up on that 440? DP cover?
Nope, its the stock muffler. I have though about getting the dual port cover. It there a real big difference with the DP cover? Whats kinda drawing me towards trading my 440 is that the 441 has better filtration. Im still undecided.....maybe i should just trade the 440 and the 372 for a 660??????

Nope, its the stock muffler. I have though about getting the dual port cover. It there a real big difference with the DP cover? Whats kinda drawing me towards trading my 440 is that the 441 has better filtration. Im still undecided.....maybe i should just trade the 440 and the 372 for a 660??????

I've noticed a good gain with opening up the muffler, usually a DP cover is good enough on a stocker. Since I have a 440 and 460 already, I would get a 441 if I were looking for another 70cc. I have never had a problem with vibes or the air filter on my 440/460 but the 441 is nicer if you need better options. If you will be using a 32"+b&c mostly, the 660 is for you.

Latest posts

Back