The New MS461 M-Tronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously nothing like "air injection" on that saw....:givebeer:

Stihl is smart enough to offer a saw less user friendly than the 441 for the crowd of 460 lovers that knee jerk pick it over the 441 smooth and efficient operation, and that think just because there are more cubic inches, it will cut more wood in a days time (when it won't).

Stihl will be able to offer the 461 for those that love the cruder technology and are too scared or inept to operate a steel spring saw. It also won't be a strato, so that again, the Stihl saleman can offer it, as the alternative for those who illogically dislike the strato saws with all of their advantages.

The engine will likely be a bigger version of 361 or that is my prediction of the genius of Stihl, as there has been such a hatred of the 441 and everything about it, from steel springs to strato engine, I think they would take their strato epa credits and keep the 461 as a only slightly improved version of itself, because it seems there is a large sect of saw users that can't seem to step into the newer century of saw technology.

Thats my opinion,

Sam

You guys and your wild azz guessing about the saw makes me chuckle.

As far as I know most Stihl saws are run in field tests of the prototypes for 1-3
years before they're released.

So you're more than a week or 20 before you'll see this saw.

MS 461 is releasing this Spring. I dont' know anything about its' features.

looking at the pics found on google i posted ,google "stihl ms461" they are at top of page ,it looks like a 460 with a different top end and plastics ,tank ,side clutch cover still old school stihl ,i bet you could order plastics and top end ,and slap on a 460 case by looks of the photos

Stihl is smart enough to offer a saw less user friendly than the 441 for the crowd of 460 lovers that knee jerk pick it over the 441 smooth and efficient operation, and that think just because there are more cubic inches, it will cut more wood in a days time (when it won't).

Stihl will be able to offer the 461 for those that love the cruder technology and are too scared or inept to operate a steel spring saw. It also won't be a strato, so that again, the Stihl saleman can offer it, as the alternative for those who illogically dislike the strato saws with all of their advantages.

The engine will likely be a bigger version of 361 or that is my prediction of the genius of Stihl, as there has been such a hatred of the 441 and everything about it, from steel springs to strato engine, I think they would take their strato epa credits and keep the 461 as a only slightly improved version of itself, because it seems there is a large sect of saw users that can't seem to step into the newer century of saw technology.

Thats my opinion,

Sam

I hope that is true, but I seriously doubt that "genius" exist, after what has happened after 2003 - looks like it is lost, if it ever was there....:givebeer:

Thats my opinion,

Sam

I'm sure when the 044, 046, and the 064/066 were introduced there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth. Oh yee of little faith how do you not know the 056 was the very pinnacle of perfection? Or was it the Contra?

Yea tho there will be bugs to be worked out as the owner of the chief heretical saw, the MS441, I will stand my ground and look to the sky and expect even greater things from Lords Stihl and Husqvarna.

From what the guy that has one said it's a strato setup like the 261. Other than that all we have is hearsay. :potstir:

MS 461 is releasing this Spring. I dont' know anything about its' features.

I hear it is October when it will be released. This goes for Brad- Hey Brad if the 461 is a CM what would u think about doing a port job on it? I am either buying the 441 CM or if the 461 is a CM the choice will be obvious.

i have a 460 what vibes ? when the chips flying out of the side cover pelt your leg ?

No, no the vibes are those things that you start to really feel after about the 4th 10+ hour day of holding onto the thing, then do that for weeks and months and then years and pretty soon you won't be asking "what vibes?", your hands, wrists and forearms will explain the definition of "vibes" to your brain quite clearly.

If you don't run a saw very much or are a lot tougher than others then carry on, its a legend of a saw.

Sam

Latest posts

Back