The official W.Ky Buildoff Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Build off saw

• 066/660

Votes: 66 62.3%

Votes: 40 37.7%

• Total voters
Well I finally made it home, and just wanted to express my appreciation to Wiggs, and his family for hosting a great gtg, and Mitch for helpin em get it together.

I will work on the video tomorrow afternoon. There will be around 85 videos and several pics also. I will put up the winner of the 660 buildoff video here in this thread then post a link to my youtube channel and you fellars can watch the rest of em there. Make sure if you subscribe to click the box that will send you an email every time I up load one.

It was great meeting everyone and I hope everyone else has a safe trip home also.

Thanks to Wiggs for having another awesome GTG I couldn't make it to. :msp_mad:

Looks like you guys had a blast.... wish I coulda been there.

Race results? Times? :rock:

Well, I had a good time. It was fun seeing the new folks and the ones from last year too. Here's a link to more photos- there's some there from last year too. 2012-wky-gtg - a set on Flickr p.s. Actually I'm wiped out from spending the last hour learning how to put images in the post. :dizzy:

6866827976_a0cca23d28_z.jpg

6866815540_577a3fc469_z.jpg

6866815948_06610fb047_z.jpg

6866816664_d18142b479_z.jpg

7012932439_390c223fa1_z.jpg

6866826922_1856af342e_z.jpg

7012939573_594d2fb13e_z.jpg

If you would have slept with Nik and Andrea last night like Brad did, you would be holding your saw weird as well. :ices_rofl:

Mark he took it like a man and asked for more.:ices_rofl:

Jeremy thanks for hosting an awesome gtg! I think I hand more fun at this gtg than any other.:rock::rock:

Andre.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thank you to Jeremy and family for a truly fantastic GTG. Also, it was really great getting to meet everyone face to face.

Yes, it's 5AM, and I'm not asleep yet! I drank too much caffeine on the way home and can't sleep now, lol.

Jeremy and Co., thanks for one of the best GTGs ever. Everything was great, including the weather. I know it has to be a TON of work to host one of these, and my hat's off to you for opening your place to all of us nuts:)

Anyone that didn't run Mopar Mike's 372 NEEDS too. That 372 that Andre ported for him is off the charts! I'm talking insane kind of power. I'm not just saying that because he's my bud either. It's only a XP too, not a XPW. Way to go Andre. I won't mention that he took the official wins in both OE and NE 346XP! I'm thinking that maybe AS needs another site sponsor:clap:

All you other saw builders...it's great the way we can all get along and have a good time together. That's BIG in my books.

And just for the record, the fastest unofficial 346XP cut time of the day was made with .325 chain:biggrin::D:laugh:;)

AS has a great bunch of guys. I'm proud to call you guys my friends!

I've got quite a few pics and vids. I should be able to get them up tomorrow.

Ooops, I almost forgot. Everyone WAS introduced to a REAL 660 today, and it wasn't mine! Way to go Randy!!!

It was interesting that the fastest saw in the 660 buildoff was a Husky 10 cc's smaller. :)

It killed me not being able to see how my 390XP compared. I was actually more interested in that than my 064/066 buildoff saw. It was the first saw out of my truck, and the first one back in the truck..........................with a seized piston:( 1AM, back at Nik's shop, and we popped the top off. No real harm done. The cylinder is fine and she'll be back together in no time ready to take on the 066s once more.

So what was the official order of finish? I'm thinking randy won from the posts so far. I'll have to wait until after work to watch the videos.

So what was the official order of finish? I'm thinking randy won from the posts so far. I'll have to wait until after work to watch the videos.

It would be nice to know what 10cc smaller husky was in the mix also and who's it was...

Here's my 372xpw. It by far wasn't the fastest cut of the 066s, but it did best my own 066 entry by about a second. 372 cut a 28 something, and my 066 was a 29 something and somewhere around 10th place or so. Not bad for 15+ less CCs.......I didn't really think it would even pull a 32.

[video=youtube;PRNqg_cXVfs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PRNqg_cXVfs[/video]

Last edited:
here's my 372xpw. It by far wasn't the fastest cut of the 066s, but it did best my own 066 entry by about a second. 372 cut a 28 something, and my 066 was a 29 something and somewhere around 10th place or so. Not bad for 15+ less ccs i thought.

[video=youtube;prnqg_cxvfs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=prnqg_cxvfs[/video]

nice!!!

great fun, nice meeting all of you and some again. cant wait to do it again. thank goes out to jeremy and his family for hosting this great event.

also dont forget mitch. awesome guy, without him, only thing we would been cutting is leftover jeremys test logs. :laugh:

time to sleep now.

Made it home bout an hour ago. I had a blast. Thanks Wiggs for putting this on, great job.

I was told not to talk anymore about the "sporking". What happens in KY, stays in KY.:msp_thumbsup:

I got to run alot of nice saws. Andyshines 372 was just plain bada$$.
:rock: Nice work.

Proud to be a part of such a fine group of people.

Back