The One-Armed Treeman

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha I know, i know. it really does look like it was hiding behind the woodpile. That was just the best angle I could get for filming, and I didnt want to walk into the middle of my neighbors backyard uninvited. When I rewatch the vid i cant help but laugh too, I really do look like a creeper. But thats not the case, I was just trying to capture the action and stay out of harms way lol.

Sharonville Oh. Barttlett tree service. Dan Mullens works there. He lost the use of his hand while working with Davey tree. Im gunna assume one of the ex-cons that work there caused the accident. But ol dan climbs like a champ. His trick is a foot Pantin to help pull him around. Hats off thumbs up, tip my hat, and a big hell yeah for theses guys.

How many people think that in this industry, their are people who have had a big accident and those who haven't had a big accident YET. Is the clock ticking with every cut? :help:

It's nice to see somebody with a disability out there, getting the job done.... But I doubt that he has insurance... I don't think anybody would insure a one-armed guy to run a chainsaw :laugh:

Bumping this one up...

Having been gimped up for a season, watching the my ground guys do ALL the work I used to do, and while getting back into the swing of it as my arm was getting stronger (ruptured bicep tendon) I had no problem letting my dudes(and gal) stand back and watch me work. Props to the the dude... Doesn't look like he takes too many days off.

As for PPE... Anyone who's broken an arm can tell you what its like to put just your pants on in the morning- While chaps protect against serious injury to the legs, this guy would probably have more problems then leg injuries if a saw let loose on him. As an employer who has to watch his people do stupid stuff now and then, this guy could do a lot worse than scare a few guys who have full use of both hands. Though i've got to say... I really might consider sewing labonville pads in my pants if i were this dude, you can't win 'em all.

Latest posts

Back