The rec climbing challenge for arborists

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you remain tied in it doesn't matter what the Clark Hammock makers say, unless there is something inherently unstable about the hammock. I suspect they don't know much about tree climbing and don't understand that the climber will always be attached to a life line while they're in a hammock up high.
-moss

I've often thought I could buy a $20 hammock to use in trees because of the facts you mention here moss.

True, True

Yeah I guess that's true. I really like the features of the Jungle Hammock.
Has anyone here done any tree camping? I haven't yet, but I can't wait to try it.

of course I'd prefer to get a treeboat with all the "extras", much cooler and fitting for my gear head lifestyle than a walmart end-of-season special. I have not spent the night in a tree yet................

I've often thought I could buy a $20 hammock to use in trees because of the facts you mention here moss.

True, but the problem with a standard hammock is that it's too easy to flip. Ok if you have your life line but who wants to dump their hammock in the middle of the night? Could be a rude awakening :)

If the Clark hammock is designed to hang with stability it should work. The NT Treeboats are very stable and the portaledges are too.
-moss

Yeah I guess that's true. I really like the features of the Jungle Hammock.
Has anyone here done any tree camping? I haven't yet, but I can't wait to try it.

I haven't stayed overnight in a tree yet, looking forward to it. At the recent rec climbing rendezvous in Colorado many of the climbers slept in trees. What a way to wake up in the morning!
-moss

Back