Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lionzzzz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m new to tree climbing and am looking for a good pair of boots for climbing spikes. I’ve got wide feet-2E, and I’m a larger guy at about 255lbs. I’m looking for some advice about what brands or styles to check out. I’ve noticed that barely any arborist boots come in any wide width. I’ve heard arbortec kayo run wide with the suggestion to order a size higher. One major tree climbing supplier carried one wide shoe in one style in one size. Like what is that right? Wide feet 🦶 people get no love. I’ve heard about the crazy one that are all custom but that’s not for me. I did see that Haix has some wide width and quite a bit of features. Was looking at the Orange Prime. Also, as far as climbing boots for spikes…what’s the difference between logging and arborist boots when used the only way I’ll be using them - with climbing spikes? Seems like there’s a ton of logging boots but few arborist boots…?
Thanks in advance for your help and your time. I hope you a yours have a great weekend.
Steven

I have a pair ArbPro boots. I've only had them a few weeks, but so far so good. I wear Distel spurs which I bought online. It's not a cheap combo, but I'm hoping to get a good couple of years out of the boots.

My best recommendation would be no matter what brand you go with, look for steel shanks and at least a 1 inch heel. They are your feet and you will regret going low budget. Ask me how I know...

Back