The Rigging Rats.......West Coast Logging.......vid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good show! But why were they pulling over trees with the rigging? Did they fire the fallers:bowdown:? Should they fire the fallers:bowdown: for missing trees? Or were the trees to dangerous to cut?

I turned down the music. I just came home from a Bob Wayne thing in of all places, the bar in Packwood. My ears are ringing.

Good show! But why were they pulling over trees with the rigging? Did they fire the fallers:bowdown:? Should they fire the fallers:bowdown: for missing trees? Or were the trees to dangerous to cut?

I turned down the music. I just came home from a Bob Wayne thing in of all places, the bar in Packwood. My ears are ringing.

Fallers missing trees? Never happens. The fallers probably left those so the guy on the yarder could practice his grapple technique.
Fallers missing trees.....sheeeesh.

Okay, okay...sometimes we might miss a tree. But it's always because whoever marked it did a lousy job....or it didn't square up with the strip, or it was a obviously a cull, or there was a bird sitting in it, or it was too close to the RMZ, or it was raining, or it wasn't raining, or the wind was wrong, or the faller was new, or the faller forgot his eyeglasses, or the faller was new and forgot his eyeglasses, or anything else that we can think up that makes sense at the time and might keep us in compliance and out of trouble. On those rare occasions when we miss one can we cut a couple that aren't marked to make up for it ? They're usually just barely over the line.

When you start missing your job just come back and read this. Did you ever find yourself wishing that once, just once, that they'd come up with an excuse you hadn't heard 100 times before?

Okay, okay...sometimes we might miss a tree. But it's always because whoever marked it did a lousy job....or it didn't square up with the strip, or it was a obviously a cull, or there was a bird sitting in it, or it was too close to the RMZ, or it was raining, or it wasn't raining, or the wind was wrong, or the faller was new, or the faller forgot his eyeglasses, or the faller was new and forgot his eyeglasses, or anything else that we can think up that makes sense at the time and might keep us in compliance and of trouble. On those rare occasions when we miss one can we cut a couple that aren't marked to make up for it ? They're usually just barely over the line.

When you start missing your job just come back and read this. Did you ever find yourself wishing that once, just once, that they'd come up with an excuse you hadn't heard 100 times before?

Yes. Originality is lacking. The blame game is commonly played. The fallers:bowdown:blame the timber markers or layout people, the rigging crew blames the fallers, the yarder engineer blames all of them, and the truck driver? The truck driver delivers the daily gossi oops news from the center of the universe, the scale ramp or shack. The circle of BS is complete. All is in harmony. Etc.

Okay, okay...sometimes we might miss a tree. But it's always because whoever marked it did a lousy job....or it didn't square up with the strip, or it was a obviously a cull, or there was a bird sitting in it, or it was too close to the RMZ, or it was raining, or it wasn't raining, or the wind was wrong, or the faller was new, or the faller forgot his eyeglasses, or the faller was new and forgot his eyeglasses, or anything else that we can think up that makes sense at the time and might keep us in compliance and out of trouble. On those rare occasions when we miss one can we cut a couple that aren't marked to make up for it ? They're usually just barely over the line.

there was a fox squirrel sittin in it....:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back