The smell of Myrtlewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backwoods

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I try to keep a few Myrtlewood logs in inventory. Today a customer wanted all that I had on hand to use for art’s and craft type projects. The three logs that I had were very knotty which is what he was looking for.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Interesting... what is myrtlewood like? Is it hard? Looks beautiful. Did he say what kind of "arts and crafts" he does? Furniture? How pricey is it compared to other hardwoods out there?

That article MJR posted just about cover everything about a Myrtlewood tree.
The wood is very hard, making it a good wood for turning projects.

Most of what this wood is going to be used for is small projects like chessboards, end tables, salad forks, clocks, plaques, and jewelry boxes. This person works out of his home garage.

Myrtlewood can be very pricy, but I sell it for the cost of the log plus milling cost, which totaled $1.00 bft.

Cedarkerf: There are several shops up and down the coast that make and sell nothing but Myrtlewood crafts. You can spend hours looking around there showrooms. Some will give tours of there work shops as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back