The Speed Sharp Star Chain Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you rewire the plug to suit? I can get one for you as we use same voltage in Australia but the price will be a killer once postage to you is taken into account.

The Tecomec site lists a 230 V model, part number 11359001. (it's also called the Jolly Star)
http://www2.tecomec.it/database/tec...7D1A6F442C0B7606C12571EA004D8D84?OpenDocument

All I can suggest is to contact the Tecomec website and ask them.

Interesting thing is that the 230 V motor is 2800 rpm vs 3400 rpm for the American motor. I suspect the grinder would actually work better at 2800 rpm, with less tendency to "burn" the cutters.

Dunno if they use the same motor with different wiring ??????

The Tecomec site lists a 230 V model, part number 11359001. (it's also called the Jolly Star)
http://www2.tecomec.it/database/tec...7D1A6F442C0B7606C12571EA004D8D84?OpenDocument

All I can suggest is to contact the Tecomec website and ask them.

Interesting thing is that the 230 V motor is 2800 rpm vs 3400 rpm for the American motor. I suspect the grinder would actually work better at 2800 rpm, with less tendency to "burn" the cutters.

Dunno if they use the same motor with different wiring ??????

In Norway we got 50 Hz AC. In the US 60 Hz AC? If thats the case you will get lower rpm here in Norway using US tools. I realy hate this differens in Volts and Hz (US vs Europe). I guess i will have to get myself a transformer.

PS
They do have a 230 Volt grinder on www.baileysonline.com (MAXX).
I was about to buy that one but decided to do some research first.
Baileysonline should blame MCW for not getting a sale:).

PS
They do have a 230 Volt grinder on www.baileysonline.com (MAXX).
I was about to buy that one but decided to do some research first.
Baileysonline should blame MCW for not getting a sale:).

Yeah I didn't have a decent run with the MAXX and am happy to tell everybody about it ;)
Last thing I want is for people to spend good money on a grinder only to find out it isn't up to their expectations.
Matt

This is the grinder i use .

stihlkjedesliper.gif

Latest posts

Back