The stump Tom Hall thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do hear some stories from time to time where they thought it was on and it wasn't and got a wet leg when they picked the saw up.

I've seen Stihl owners get a wet leg when they picked a Husky up...but it wasn't because the caps weren't tight.

Rope there is a flip side to the flippy caps, more people like them than dislike them, me included. I have no problem with them at all. I got over 20 saws with them and all of them work just fine. I just looked at my units sold and I've sold over 3000 Stihl's in the last few years with those caps on them and I can't recall hardly anyone complaining about them. I do hear some stories from time to time where they thought it was on and it wasn't and got a wet leg when they picked the saw up. I sell less replacement flip caps than I do the old style twist caps. So comparing the sales of replacement caps the flippy cap is doing a better job then the twist cap...

So here is what I propose thall make the flippy and the regular cap except this time put thumb grips similar to other brands and design the hole to fit either then see which one sells best and gain the sales share the most. I am only trying to help here.

I've seen Stihl owners get a wet leg when they picked a Husky up...but it wasn't because the caps weren't tight.

Know exactly what your talking about, I got a 372 that pours oil right down my leg but its not from bad a oil cap, just a bad case, wonder if I can get a new case for the price of a flippy cap, ewwwwwwwwwww I bet not,hehe

So here is what I propose thall make the flippy and the regular cap except this time put thumb grips similar to other brands and design the hole to fit either then see which one sells best and gain the sales share the most. I am only trying to help here.

I'll pass that along Rope. There's another reason for those flippy caps but you wouldn't beleive it if I told you, seems the EPA loves them. Don't be surprized in the near future if you see that type of cap on other brands..

I'll pass that along Rope. There's another reason for those flippy caps but you wouldn't beleive it if I told you, seems the EPA loves them. Don't be surprized in the near future if you see that type of cap on other brands..

Ya know what the EPA needs revamped with commonsense I wish I were a billionaire and could tell them to kiss my arse. They are way too overfunded imo. Now why would they like them lets see sometimes they pop off and cause oil or fuel to pour out on the ground, would it be fines?

Last edited:
How about an 032AV ?You've got a good chance of fixing that up,THALL will be along soon to advise you.

Pretty decent saw,you picked up some good parts there.Might be worthwhile to go back and poke around some more,the rest of it might be in a box or something.

Last edited:
The 032 was/is a good saw for me, I bought my mine when I was a sophomore in high school in 78. I still have it and it runs great, done nothing but put replacement sparkplugs in it every once in a while, good clean mix and keep it maintained after use. It is a great firewood saw for the home owner and wood cutter, I have cut lord only knows how many cord with it. I used a 18" bar on mine and cut mainly oak and hickory. Although I haven't ever cracked mine, the handles were prone to cracking if you yanked around on them while pinched, I had a good friend do that to his and you see it frequently on 031/32's. You can still get parts for them, I'd ask around on the site, they were a popular saw in their day.

Here's a real stumper. How was it that he went from beer-loving story telling country singer to chainsaw oracle?! :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8i5k4I1AOEI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8i5k4I1AOEI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I actually like the flippy caps pretty well - sorry to say so......:jawdrop:

......but I like the new style Husky caps even better - the worst caps among the "big 3" at this point is the Dolmar ones.

Last edited:
Tom, what is the diagnosis of this?

attachment.php

Tom, what is the diagnosis of this?

attachment.php

Putting on my specs here so I can get a better look. Ok, lets see here, well shoot that ole Spacemule. Look at that man, he has some muscles on him, all pumped up. Let me get closer to the screen here. Hmmmmmmmmm he's got a mean look on his face, looks like he's looking for trouble, hmmmm

Space you looking for trouble, here ya go ole boy,:cheers::cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgUyneO618

Latest posts

Back