The "unofficial" 6 cube sticky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good call Lee,

I have been saving my pennies just in case you ever feel the need to get rid of one of them 166s.

Hows about one of them "crappy running" 153s????????????????????????:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Freakingstang, Your S6000 is actually a S5500.
The same as a Dolmar 144 at 90cc's

Lee

Damn....

It does't have anything on that machined plate under the bar cover. It looks like it has remnants of a decal just above it on the case that I can't make out. Ive had it for 5 or 6 years thinking it was a S5500. I thought the 152 was a 5500 and the 153 was a 6000?

Dead give away is the "window" on the front top cover.

Other is the plastic "elbow" from the carb/lower filter housing.

The 6000 is a 152, the S6000 is the 153.

Perhaps I am even with you on 152/153s, but still several away from an 8 cylinder video!

You know if you advance the timing on them old dogs, they are not the same animal.

I thought you had a boat load of them's 153's
Thought you had more than me.:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Lee

well sir,

You no doubt have me beat even if you counted just the red ones.

Throw in the Green ones,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

can you do 8?

Here's a classic 6+ cuber, a Solo Rex:

017-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

Here's a classic 6+ cuber, a Solo Rex:

017-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

A nice looking machine.

The old Solo Rex's were extremely popular out here in Australia - they must have sold thousands of them. There seems to always be a Rex kicking about in the sheds here. The Super Rex is a different story though.

A great old saw.

Chris.

Uncle Lee,

You Trump me in every way on the big dogs.

bet I got you beat on 116-120si/6800s.

Well i do have more bigguns than the average Joe!!!!!!!!

As for the smaller saws, Lets see, I have

1 116SI
3 120SI
2 119
2 114
1 112
and 1 Makita 6000I

How'd i do. :msp_smile:

Uncle Lee

Well i do have more bigguns than the average Joe!!!!!!!!

As for the smaller saws, Lets see, I have

1 116SI
3 120SI
2 119
2 114
1 112
and 1 Makita 6000I

How'd i do. :msp_smile:

Uncle Lee

UL that area of your collection looks to be a bit thin. Work on it!:D

I'm thinking you need to add a custom user title below your username (in place of "Arboristsite MVP"). If you and another fellow can dub me "Mister Wizard" then I say you're officially "Uncle Lee". You need an avatar pic too. That 101B-G picture in your sig line would do nicely.:cool:

Last edited:
Happy to say after taking my Poulan 6000 to the Poulan GTG it will not be relagated to shelf duty for the rest of its life.

This was the first time I got to run it since coverting it to a 3/8's bar and chain. It pulled it ok. Much better then the .404 X 8 setup that was on it.

If this works , this is Nik running it at the GTG. It got run quite a few times as a matter of fact.

http://youtu.be/UWxaDZziaUI

Last edited:
Happy to say after taking my Poulan 6000 to the Poulan GTG it will not be relagated to shelf duty for the rest of its life.

This was the first time I got to run it since coverting it to a 3/8's bar and chain. It pulled it ok. Much better then the .404 X 8 setup that was on it.

If this works , this is Nik running it at the GTG. It got run quite a few times as a matter of fact.

Poulan 6000 Chainsaw - YouTube

[video=youtube;UWxaDZziaUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWxaDZziaUI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I'm surprised that it wouldn't pull .404-8 all that well. My 100cc Homelite and 103cc McCulloch saws seem to do fine with .404-8 and 31" bars. I've never ran a 100cc Dolmar (or Poulmar) however. Every saw's different. Your green Dolmar sure is a looker, and seems to like the 3/8-8 setup...

Last edited:
Back