The waiting begins......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truck4

Head Pee On
Reaction score
Well got the shoulder "over hauled" monday:( fiexed the torn ligamements, cleaned out the arthritis(sp) and scare tissue, and saved back the head of the bone:msp_scared:, Things went ok I guess, guess they had a hard time getting me intubated, then in recovery when I started to come out of it I swung at the RN's:dizzy: but they did get fore warned as my wife told them I would and have done it before, they kept me over night monday as for some reason I dont come "out of it" very well, guess I tend to stop breathing for some reason:msp_scared: wife was not to worried as I have done it the last few times I have gone in for surgery but got to go home about 10 the next day, looking at arm in a sling for next 2 weeks, then start P.T. looking at 6-8 weeks off line:msp_sad:. Today has been the first day I have felt decent but then it has taken me ~10 min. to type this with one hand too:rolleyes2: any ideas to help keep me busy??

Well got the shoulder "over hauled" monday:( fiexed the torn ligamements, cleaned out the arthritis(sp) and scare tissue, and saved back the head of the bone:msp_scared:, Things went ok I guess, guess they had a hard time getting me intubated, then in recovery when I started to come out of it I swung at the RN's:dizzy: but they did get fore warned as my wife told them I would and have done it before, they kept me over night monday as for some reason I dont come "out of it" very well, guess I tend to stop breathing for some reason:msp_scared: wife was not to worried as I have done it the last few times I have gone in for surgery but got to go home about 10 the next day, looking at arm in a sling for next 2 weeks, then start P.T. looking at 6-8 weeks off line:msp_sad:. Today has been the first day I have felt decent but then it has taken me ~10 min. to type this with one hand too:rolleyes2: any ideas to help keep me busy??

Dam id hate to be your nurse...Glad you are on the road to recovery. As far as keeping busy...well good luck there too.

Wait..the last FEW times you have had surgery...You related to Tim the tool man Taylor:hmm3grin2orange:

Wow, hope you heal up soon man!

Hmm, time wasters..learn to juggle one handed? Pistol target shooting? One hand fiskars splitting?

Here's too a safe and quick recovery! Follow the Dr's orders!
I've had five knee operations and one time I tried to ween myself off the pain meds too soon, that was a huge mistake.
Get some good books, I'm not much of a reader but tried a couple of westerns, watched a lot of tv and slept a lot.
stay safe
ps: I hope you have wood split fine enough for wife to throw in the stove :)

I guess typing on here would keep ya busy! I'm not very got coming out of surgery either. Hate that helpless feeling of trying to wake up but can't. Had surgery in November. When being transferred to my bed from the hospital gurney, I remember swinging at the one nurse, because she leaned right on my incision as they moved me over. The pain woke me right up. Got the dumb bimbo right in the boob. I just remember swinging because of the pain. Heard another nurse ask if I got her. That's when she said where.
Just don't push it and follow dr.s orders. I always get scolded by everyone for not taking it easy. Most of the time I know how much I can do without damaging things. But, all it takes is a careless second.

Dam id hate to be your nurse...Glad you are on the road to recovery. As far as keeping busy...well good luck there too.

Wait..the last FEW times you have had surgery...You related to Tim the tool man Taylor:hmm3grin2orange:

Lol no, just had alot of fun when I was younger and the jobs I have had....

Thanks guys I dont intend on pushing to much just enough to get me back to work, have learned the hard way there to, this made for my 6th surgery (3 on left knee and 2 on right:msp_ohmy:) I pushed it alittle to much on one and ended up laid up a extra 2-3 weeks, already going bad a$$ crazy, just cant stand sitting around do nothing and I can only watch so much tv, went out this am and sharpened a saw chains:msp_w00t: but know its going to be awhile before I get a saw back in my hands:msp_sad:

Hope you are feeling a little better.

Rough if it is also your working side. Lot's of pain while you are on the mend. Just have to give it time.

Latest posts

Back