The warranty's up!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruege84

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was playing with my ms310 today and then suddenly realized the warranty is finally up. MUFFLER MOD TIME!! I didn't do anything fancy becuase I could really care less how cool the muffler on my saw looks. I did it quick and easy: Pop out the screen and make a couple holes. After a quick retune, it was time to try it in some wood. :jawdrop: WOW! I can't believe the difference it made. It screams pretty good now. I didn't run it for more than a couple minutes becuase I left my muffs at work (it's LOUD). I'm amazed! I expected to notice a bit of a difference, but it seems like completely different saw! My uncle just called yesterday about a nice sized, dead oak in his yard.... I can't wait.

After running it with the mod, I will no longer tolerate anyone bashing the 290/310's. IMO, it'll be quite difficult to beat a 310 with a muffler mod for $400. I'm also pretty happy I didn't jump the gun and trade it in for a 361 before doing the mod. I'm still grinning from ear to ear.

:cheers:

PS - sorry guys, no pics. I'm back at home for the summer with dial-up.

Latest posts

Back