The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go mow your lawn, you might find one. :)

Looks like Brad is going to make it bring a bunch, I might have to sell two cars. Thats a lot of mowing. :hmm3grin2orange:

Edit: I just remembered that I heard the price of metal is up. I might get a bunch together pull the gooseneck to the scrap yard. Just a thought for some of you.

Last edited:
so sorry to hear Stumpy. unfortunately all i can offer you right now are prayers. i don't have any tools, parts, saws, or cash to offer. if i can see my way clear to do more i sure will. GOD bless.

that prayer may be worth more than anything else donated. Don't belittle it or yourself by saying that's "all" you can offer. It's a great thing, and I'm sure it's greatly appreciated.

so sorry to hear Stumpy. unfortunately all i can offer you right now are prayers. i don't have any tools, parts, saws, or cash to offer. if i can see my way clear to do more i sure will. GOD bless.

Buddy, That's the only thing I've actually asked for is prayer.
I've been told too shut up & just take the rest. On that note I'll ask one other thing from everybody. Don't cut yourselves short on anything just to help me out. seeing some of the saws that have been donated has made me feel guilty enough.

I showed my wife last night what has been happening on here, and she couldn't believe it. It's hard fer me to take in too. Thanks for everybody's generosity.

Parts needed for the 090G

Crank Seal x 2 - 9640 003 1980
Tank Vent - 1108 350 5800
Fuel Hose - 1111 358 7700
Fuel Tank Gasket - 1106 359 1110
Piston Rings - 1106 034 3003 - 58x1.5 Caber is fine.
Exhaust Gasket - 1106 149 0600
Gear Cover Gasket - 1109 649 0500 Probably NLA
Carb Kit for Tilly HL, I think

Bumping this for visibility.

Last edited:
It's looking like a Contra will be on the block in a few days for the cause. I was contacted this morning by a member about checking it out and ebaying it.

I'll let him finish telling the tale if he is so inclined. :msp_thumbup:

It's looking like a Contra will be on the block in a few days for the cause. I was contacted this morning by a member about checking it out and ebaying it.

I just bid on your other saw. :rock:

I noted this in the Dolmar auction description but feel the need to say it here as well. That saw can be a bear to start sometimes and I've not checked to see why. I just want everyone to be aware of that...

I've been told too shut up & just take the rest. On that note I'll ask one other thing from everybody. Don't cut yourselves short on anything just to help me out. seeing some of the saws that have been donated has made me feel guilty enough.

I showed my wife last night what has been happening on here, and she couldn't believe it. It's hard fer me to take in too. Thanks for everybody's generosity.

Good plan, Stump. Just shut up. Take it and like it.:smile2:

dang.. this thread is growing faster than I can read it... ... but then given the group of guys on here would anyone expect any less?
Stump.. dang sorry for your loss... the insurance co will try to gyp you at every turn... dont be too hard on your self about thinking the fire could have been prevented... it was an accident.. and they happen... what matters most is that no one was hurt and things can be replaced.... and from the looks of it on here alot already has been replaced...
I was going for a concrete cut off saw on fleabay but it seems there are some that want it for more than its worth... so I think I will be making a run at the husky 261...
also when is the raffle on the 090 going up? I will be in for a tix or 2.

hang in there Stump! it looks like many on AS have your back right now.

We're new here, Stump, but we know "fer shure" from our own experience with some of the guys that whatever comes your way is from the heart. We didn't do much ourselves. We wish we could've done a lot more like some of the other guys. It is humbling to watch this outpouring of love and brotherhood.

You're a brother in the Lord, too, so you know that we are the ones who are blessed to be able to help out, and we'd be negligent of our own responsibility to ignore your plight. We'd be robbed of that blessing ourselves if we did.

me and cheeves

dang.. this thread is growing faster than I can read it... ... but then given the group of guys on here would anyone expect any less?
Stump.. dang sorry for your loss... the insurance co will try to gyp you at every turn... dont be too hard on your self about thinking the fire could have been prevented... it was an accident.. and they happen... what matters most is that no one was hurt and things can be replaced.... and from the looks of it on here alot already has been replaced...
I was going for a concrete cut off saw on fleabay but it seems there are some that want it for more than its worth... so I think I will be making a run at the husky 261...
also when is the raffle on the 090 going up? I will be in for a tix or 2.

hang in there Stump! it looks like many on AS have your back right now.

I think the raffle so far is a 925, 076, 32" Husky mount bar, the 090 is going to Ebay it will do well there.

Hope you don't mind that I passed the buck on that one. I should have a few intake tract gaskets left over if you need them.

Hope you don't mind that I passed the buck on that one. I should have a few intake tract gaskets left over if you need them.

I don't mind in the least, in fact, I'm very pleased to be of service. I don't feel like I have a lot to offer and I'm humbled by the outpouring of help from this fine group of members.

I'll let it be known what this saw needs to become a runner.

Wiggleworth is putting a 365 special in the mail this morning. It will probably be here tomorrow afternoon. I'll be putting up a list of needs for that saw too. :bowdown:

they say charity starts at home. well this is home to a lott of us. so it's all good.

Wow guys just wow, Iv been skipping through this thread and just amazed! Its truly amazing that all these people chipping and half of then im sure never even met stumpy!!! I know for a fact stumpy is a stand-up guy, he helped me with my saw about a year ago, i had the chance to go meet up with him. But funds were low at the time. I think this should be voted number one forum of the year!!! Such a tight-knit family! If someone wanted to see just some good ol boys trying to keep things "the way they otta be" come here to AS ;)
Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Back