The wedgle system

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zac

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have heard different things about this. Those of you have used it before, how well does it work. I have been thinking about trying this on the Ash trees, but I don't think ash work too well with injections. I beleive they are like a maple and have bundles of vascular tissue, rather than continuous path. "I think the term is ring diffuse." Otherwise I will just stick to spraying and merit soil injections.

I disagree with the above statements, we run 5 wedgles with good success. Setting the wedge cheks properly is important. I've run everything from imidicloprid (EAB) to growth regulator (flurprimidol) and PK fertilizer with no problems. Last thursday and friday I shot 100 Ash trees for a local city goverment, ran through 5 bottles w/o a hitch.

Thanks for the input everybody. My boss says she does not like the wedgle, but told me to try to find out more about them. A co-worker used a wedgle at a previous job and he thinks they are great. I am not looking for the easiest or fastest method, just the one that works the best. Any more input would be greatly appreciated.

They all "work" it is a question of how well, in what species, and for what. I personally don't think that any 1 system works better than all other systems in all situations. Some systems work much better in certain applications than others.
We have seen really wonderfull results with macro rather than micro injection.
Lower likelyhood of damage due to missuse than specifically wedgle.

:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back