The "What did you cut/haul today?" thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't cut because of the wind, and I do have some red oak to drop, and didn't haul either, but I did doodle a little on a pecan log. It's a honey-do item, something she wanted for a catering job. I have just started getting it into a rough shape, and gave the 460 some exercise. I will be boring a few cuts, she will place an arrangement on top, and the bore cuts will be holding small pans of appetizers out to the sides.
It's for a landscape/tree service company, so logs are the theme for the party. She always has a theme, I have built all kinds of odd stuff in the 20 something years she has catered.

460.jpg

It was nice out yesterday, until the snow melted, then the ground became a little greasy, but we did some spring cleanup and made a little headway on the piles to be split.

Speeco splitter.
Winter08-09kidsequipmentfirewoodfam.jpg

The recent wind storm broke the top off this tree, and it was an invitation to run a saw, but in bucking the stem, the muffler broke off the saw. :chainsaw: I'll mill a portion of that log into lumber with the CSM.
Winter08-09kidsequipmentfirewood-4.jpg

More spring cleanup in the woods, some wood is small, but the kids love to be involved, so I must oblige.
Winter08-09kidsequipmentfirewood-3.jpg

Making a little progress....
Winter08-09kidsequipmentfirewood-1.jpg

Yesterday a friend and I hauled my splitter to a coworkers backyard to split the beech I cut up last week. I also dropped a dead V of beech about 25'.
He had the bright idea to wait to haul it until today when we could get another sucker or two to help.

So in an hour we had this loaded up
0404091009.jpg

which should work out to better than a cord. Then we went and got another half load.
Some of this I had split during the week but 3/4 of it was brought home today. Kind of hard to see. Shot-putting splits off the trailer takes a toll on the shoulder ;) And yes. It does suck backing that trailer down a driveway that barely accomedates the truck.

0404091723a.jpg

Back