The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a problem with my top handle finally taking a dump on me. Just seems like when it starts getting warm it acts like its running really lean I think. The thing starts screaming at really high rpm's and starts cutting off. When it gets hot it seems like its just revving way too high so I'm guessing its running lean. I sure hope i haven't been running it too lean. Never even messed with the carb on this one but maybe I probably should of because echo (from what I've heard) sends there saws out lean to get past the epa. I have a five year waranty on this thing. It seams solid, I'm hoping i just have a carb issue or something. Always put alcohal treatment in my gas. I'm going to have to start a forum on this and hopefully I can get some guidance through this thing. I've got all the tools and if i need more tools lowes is right around the corner. Need this thing to run right like right now!View attachment 322329
Been awhile, Ay Brothers?? Echo best top saws made, u ask me!

Norm,

that was a thumbs up for making my blood boil. 355 t had ethanol poisoning. It's repaired for 62 bucks on a carb rebuild. It starts easy, it runs, and it cuts like the 200 t. Do you have any top handles you'd like to display on a cold start?

Ayuh,
muffler mod is about the biggest "bang for the buck" to increase the performance. Once you get the carb tuned in you should notice a big difference.
I have modded mufflers on two of my saws, I noticed a big gain in performance on both..... :clap:
Sounds like it was raining down your way in the video, we're getting freezing rain up here right now..... :(

Ayuh,
muffler mod is about the biggest "bang for the buck" to increase the performance. Once you get the carb tuned in you should notice a big difference.
I have modded mufflers on two of my saws, I noticed a big gain in performance on both..... :clap:
Sounds like it was raining down your way in the video, we're getting freezing rain up here right now..... :(

Since it's been rainin, I'll tell ya, I haven't had so much fun making vids, and debating left wingers in a while. 8th day haven't fallen
off the wagon I think it sure is taking me somewhere. Right now I'm studying 2 cycle carb maintenance . . .

weather sucks

Last edited:
Merry Christmas brothers! Im enjoying it with my new family, and future bride....
Merry Christmas Norm!!! :D
Great to hear from you again! Congratulations again on the engagement! :clap:
Not sure how to multe quote with this new format so I'm going down the list..... :laugh:
Taking down a couple declining Ash tomorrow, looks like it might be snowing..... ;)
Have a safe Christmas day eve everyone! :chop:

Latest posts

Back