The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20131228_164742.jpeg Is that a new saw NHLocal?

I'm still cutting trees down, and Also some been leaf blowing with a landscaper Friend that called me out and I helped him with three days of nothing but blowing leaves. Used my pb 770t and another hand held blower at the same time Dual Gunner! Helps to have something to do when things slow down, and it seems it ain't slowin down yet. Just did another Job today where I had to top down a medium dead pine tree, a spar of a gum tree left that got hit by lightening, and some other sapling size tree. Homeowner was really happy gave me a fat tip. I didn't have to clean any thing up. Looks like winter may be easy breezy so far. I still want to buy more tools like that Haas from NHlocals srt video, and a helmet cam but I know its about that time to start pressing toward getting a full size truck or work van for hauling a bigger trailer and so forth... . .. ..b.t.w. NHlocal, would you have any suggestions on the type of helmet cam to shop for? Yall have a happy new years!

Last edited:
Happy New Year everyone!!! :clap:

cj,
I really like my Contour Roam. It's "bare bones basic", no view screen, etc., but it will take up to 1080p HD video, is VERY easy to use, is very rugged and low profile, and it only cost me $100(plus $25 for the 32g micro SD card).
The GoPro is a great choice because of all the options it has. I've never used one myself but everyone who has one seems to have good things to say about 'em. They are "a bit" more expensive though. I think you can get them starting at about $200.....hope that helps.
Good to hear you're staying busy. It's better to be busy doing work than busy looking for work.
Have a safe New Year! :)

Happy new years guys. Finally finished getting the 201 set up today. Filed a little on the flywheel key to advance it some and that made a huge improvement. Has great throttle response and plenty of power now. Very happy with the saw now. Now I just need a 066 or a nice pm800 would do.

Happy New Year Norm and Brian! :D

Ayuh,
those jobs are the perfect ones, I love 'em! :clap:

Was "a bit" restless today so, after getting permission from my neighbor I climbed up and cleaned out some broken limbs.
The tree is on his property but the larger limb was hanging down into one of the small Elms on the edge of my yard. I was
also concerned because his children play out there and didn't want to leave widow makers hanging over the yard. I took
video but I didn't take any pictures with the camera today. I'll have to pull some pics off the video. I do have some "before"
pictures I took back in November, gives a good look at the "mess".....

IMG_9575 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9580 - Copy.JPGIMG_9578 - Copy.JPG

Alright, yall remember that job I was talking about with the incident I had with a swinging branch hitting the line and blowing two transformers? Well I went back to work on it again today to finish the rest of the challenging limbs on it. These limbs where a mere fraction of the technical difficulty as compared to the many others I'd taken down before off the stem. I did not like messing with this thing but wanted it to be done with and get me moneys. All is down now except the branch that my climb line is on. Tomorrow I'll make a vid of me felling the spar.Line Clearance xxx.jpg

Alright, yall remember that job I was talking about with the incident I had with a swinging branch hitting the line and blowing two transformers? Well I went back to work on it again today to finish the rest of the challenging limbs on it. These limbs where a mere fraction of the technical difficulty as compared to the many others I'd taken down before off the stem. I did not like messing with this thing but wanted it to be done with and get me moneys. All is down now except the branch that my climb line is on. Tomorrow I'll make a vid of me felling the spar.

Hey man, be sure and watch out for that powerline.

Back