The worst way to get a saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayshorecs

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Lost my father after a 1 month fight with colon cancer :jawdrop: Needless to say, 2010 hasn't been a good year so far.

Looks like I will end up with his two homelites, 056AV Super and 015A.

That puts me at 9 saws. I may need to start thinning the herd.

http://www.arboristsite.com/picture.php?albumid=409&pictureid=1439
http://www.arboristsite.com/picture.php?albumid=409&pictureid=1440
http://www.arboristsite.com/picture.php?albumid=409&pictureid=1441
http://www.arboristsite.com/picture.php?albumid=409&pictureid=1438

Last edited:
Nice saws. Enjoy having them and remembering your Father. My condolences on the circumstances.

I feel you pain, been there , but those saws and other things related to him will help you through through. Sometimes all we have are the memories and they can certainly make everyday life better!! Take care!!

Sorry for your loss. My father has been gone 5 years now but I remember him everytime I use his little MS210. He also had a nice 440 but unfortunately we let that go at his estate sale... still kicking myself for that move.

I'm very sorry for your Dads passing. Keep all the saws that were his. If not you'll regret it down the line.

My sincerest condolences Bud!

My Mom passed in September 2009 and I am reminded everyday of her presence and influence in my life. Take care of those saws. My father also has an 056AV that he has said that I will get when he passes away, I told him I would much rather have him alive, than that saw any day.

God Bless,
valleyboy

Sorry to hear about your Dad!!

Like others said, keep those saws forever! I have a '74 ironhead too.....If you need any help or info when you start working on it, let me know.....I have a tone of knowledge with all the old ironheads.

Very sorry for your loss, lost my Dad back in 96 at the young age of 56, it's the reason I keep using the old 028 and 032 every once in awhile, even though we have faster, bigger saws. It helps keeps the memories alive, can still see him using them today. God Bless.

He was only 58. We all feel robbed in a sense.

At least I got all of the saw in working order last summer and we were able to go cutting together. We cut/split 2 truck loads of firewood in mid Dec 09 before he went into the hospital on the 23rd.

The ironhead will be fun. Needs a lot of TLC.

Sorry about the loss of your Dad. My Dad has a couple of saws that I want, but I'm willing to let him have them for many years to come. 10 years from now I'll be taking them away from him for his own good, maybe a couple of years later, God willing.

When Calvin announced that his Dad had died, mine was sleeping in my son's bedroom not 15 feet from me. I couldn't imagine losing him. Run them every now and then and treat them with care.

He was only 58. We all feel robbed in a sense.

At least I got all of the saw in working order last summer and we were able to go cutting together. We cut/split 2 truck loads of firewood in mid Dec 09 before he went into the hospital on the 23rd.

The ironhead will be fun. Needs a lot of TLC.

That will make them all the more special to you; bittersweet memories for sure.

My condolences on your loss; may your father rest in peace.

Mr. HE:cool:

You've got lot's of company, I lost mine when he was 57... I still feel ripped off. He left me some rifles that will NEVER be for sale. There's always a bit of good that comes from life's most difficult challenges... I bet you'll find it when you're ready to look.

Sorry for your loss, my Dad dies 3 years ago after a 1 month battle of bladder cancer that spread to his liver 3 years later. I miss him every day. prayers to you and yours.

I know EXACTLY how you feel.
That is the same way I got my 056AV Super, only it wasn't my Dad, it was a really good friend that had filled the role of my Dad for several years.
I lost my Dad in '84.

Mike

Back