The worst way to get a saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will certainly keep his saws. Was thinking about maybe selling my 041AV or a homelite bandit that never runs right. He also gave me another homelite super2 so there are actually 2 of those.

Just bought him an air filter cover for the 056 for his BDay in Sept 09. He ran the saw without one for 15 years and was told you couldn't get one.

Lucky he still had the saw. Someone stole it, used it and RETURNED it! He found it under a stairway in one of the barns covered in mud and the cover missing several months later.

Since I found AS, I have tuned his saws for him. He always took them to the dealer to work and chain sharpening. The last time, he took 5 chains up and every one of them was burned on the grinder and trashed. I actually just taught him how to hand file in Nov 09.

Teaching him new things is what I will miss the most.

Sorry for your loss, been there myself. Lost my dad in 2001. He wasn't into outdoor activitys much, but his was, back in the day. I have my grandfathers Wichester model 12 shotgun, that he bought new when he got out of the army, in 1919. I will never sell that as long as I'm around. So, I would keep the saws also, at least one of them.. The sentimental value is greater than any dollar amount you get for them, and only regret it later.

Gregg,

He also has a nice gun collection my brothers are more interested in. The M1 Grand, Mosin-Nagant and M4 look to be keepers too. With a kid in the house, I have no interest in having a gun there.

Sorry for your loss, it sucks, I know. I got a bunch of guns and tools the bad way when my dad died in a freak accident when he was only 48 years old and I was 18. The stuff that was his though is my favorite. I think about him whenever I use any of his stuff. Its good medicine

:agree2:

Sorry for the loss of your father bayshore, I lost mine last year. That crisp Colt 1911 .45 in my avatar was his...it's now my favorite handgun...dad was a decorated expert marksman.

Dad didn't have any chainsaws...:(...probably because he was smarter than I am...

Back