They're gonna scream

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have been busier than normal with cord sales here. The fun part is that the guy who brings logs had to raise his price 40%
P2070072.jpg

I would be justified to raise my price 40% ?? I doubt that. Instead I am punching buttons on the adding machine, and watching costs. I raised it already to 165, and fully intend to ask for 170 next week. If the numbers don't add up... then 175.

Let the customer scream. I have ear plugs.

Question has to be asked , why a 40% increase from the logger. sure isn't fuel related by what I see at the pumps. Maybe time for a different supplier.

wood wood wood etc.

I have been busier than normal with cord sales here. The fun part is that the guy who brings logs had to raise his price 40%
View attachment 317178

I would be justified to raise my price 40% ?? I doubt that. Instead I am punching buttons on the adding machine, and watching costs. I raised it already to 165, and fully intend to ask for 170 next week. If the numbers don't add up... then 175.

Let the customer scream. I have ear plugs.

Question has to be asked , why a 40% increase from the logger. sure isn't fuel related by what I see at the pumps. Maybe time for a different supplier.

========================================================================================================================================

Part actually all of me asks where the scale ticket is for this load and how many tons is it????????????,
and are you paying for log length loads by the ton??????????

different supplier

Yea... best solution is to become my own supplier!
We had a nifty situation going. He was getting $ for clearing out dead stuff, and then makin' $ on the logs. This year he isn't getting the acreage price and is doing it for the timber. price goes up. Other loggers around here are not as decent to work with and I will be paying more $ for less wood cause they can't load like that. That pic is pretty tight, and I get 19 cords outta there.

How much did that load cost? How many loads do you get a year?

I think that was from last year, Distance is the problem at the moment. I will figure out a better system next year. Preferably do my own cutting. but it might take a few years to get the right equipment to work it efficiently.
I have seen years where I ran thru like a dozen of those loads (have to look it up). anyway.... it is what it is.

175 for a doesn't seem like a bad price anyhow if it's a full cord 4x4x8. I seen posts around with higher prices than that. They charge by the face cord around here something like 65-80 bucks which is 195-240 a full cord.

Latest posts

Back