Things we have learned the hard way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't run the impact wrench the wrong way while removing the clutch from a Mac 10-10. Crack...little bits.

I learned that 041's have enough juice to straighten a man's hair.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Growing up, we had a 8hp go-kart that had a bent tab of sheet metal bolted to the top of the engine. To shut the engine down, you just pushed that tab down on top of the spark plug (open boot) and it would ground out the ignition. Well one day, I went to shut it down after riding and realized that the tab fell off. I walked into the garage and grabbed a wrench and proceeded to walk over and lay it on top of the spark plug to shut the engine off.

Wow! Talk about lighting up!

My corn hole still puckers just thinking about that!

Speaking of flywheels... when you find one on the floor by the bench, and you know you didn't put it there, you go ask your kids about it.

They won't know anything about how it got on the floor because they were never in the garage, but if you look close enough and it'll be cracked or missing a fin. Sigh. Back to the bay for parts...

Make Sure you don't forget the diaphragm when re assembling a carb... Yeah I done that once

Measure twice- cut once.

Yep that's important to I was helping replace a dozer blade liner once and I just checked it once cut it anyway took the overhead crane set liner next to the blade and said ^^#*}*}* that's not gonna work ended up having to use the drop piece to fix it

What are the chances that a carb spring can land almost exactly where I found the mag release spring for my Mini-14? The good news was that it didn't take ++2hrs to find the carb spring.

Oh, that reminds me of a hint an armorer made about wearing safety glasses and pulling a sheet over himself to catch the "flack" when working on delicate parts. I think its over rated :(

If your 650 BSA motorcycle starts running on one cylinder at a red light, it is O.K. to rev it up to keep it from stalling:cool:

but look down to see if a spark plug wire has fallen off and is laying on your leg "Before" reaching for the chrome plated clutch lever with your bare hands. :oops:

When you are maintaining a 1500 rpm idle to keep from stalling it is amazing how many times your left elbow tries to explode before you can get your hand off the chrome plated steel lever. Since the light is green and you are holding up traffic you have to grab it again and ease the clutch out to get out of the busy intersection and try to not stall the kick start only bike in heavy traffic. :dizzy:

laughed my ass off at your last few posts. Sounds like you could tell stories for a few hours with a case of beer.

Latest posts

Back