Think i pissed neighbors off with this one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was playing around and decided to put this muffler on my 066. Think neighbors hate me now lol

Can you good folk not get the muffler front with the long vertical port in it over there?
Over here, those front covers are reserved for 064's- and then only if you don't like that 064! :laugh:

This one i ended up with off a ported saw working on.

Yeah na, I mean the factory Stihl two port muffler front covers. No welded in 20mm pipes- large vertical slot port, had an integral spark arrestor and stand off front guard.

Lucky for me my neighbors are used to noise and aren't bothered by it. After all what can you do when it's impossible to find a muffler for your 61 year old, 95cc saw? You make one of course. Best part is I can inspect the rings any time I want to.

Attachments

• 20220925_225156_HDR.jpg
    20220925_225156_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
Yeah na, I mean the factory Stihl two port muffler front covers. No welded in 20mm pipes- large vertical slot port, had an integral spark arrestor and stand off front guard.
The 660 ipl indicates the dual port muffler assembly for Aus/NZ.
We were a bit later to the EPA rubbish than the US but we have caught up unfortunately.
The front cover in the original post looks like the Buckshots from Rich Dougan in Oregon. I have several, they are loud and good for 90 to 121 cc but for the 461 and 462 I have blocked off one outlet tube. I think they were a bit too open

I think theres such a thing as to many ports. Noise doesnt always = power
correct, 2 strokes using port window cylinders benefit torque increases across the power band having a semi restricted expansion chamber muffler attached to the exhaust port to encourage unburnt fuel vapor scavenging. When too free flowing some of the fuel and air charge is lost reducing torque under wide open throttle and fuel economy. Tuned mufflers are adjusted to make maximum power at a very specific rpm but loose power outside of that window. The oem brick mufflers are restrictive to encourage a pcv system effect, opening it up to encourage better flow while still maintaining scavenging is the key. Most porters seem to prefer removing baffels/cheese walls for a single chamber. I seem to prefer a 2 chamber 2 outlet design with the larger exit in the second chamber.

And if you remember this, you also Remember hitting the power band and holding on for dear life! 😂
Never forget jumping on my bud's RM80 when I was about 20. I had ridden my stepbrother's clapped out Yamaha 125 and beaten the crap out of that so when I jumped on this little tiny RM80 I immediately opened the throttle WFO...goddam thing climbed right out from under me and tried to climb up a tree...that dam little bike was POWERFUL and when it hit the power band, I bet the torque tripled. Can't imagine what my bud's brother's RM370 was like ... talk about death wish. He was a big galoot, but still, that thing had some grunt.

Oh yeah remember riding a Honda cr500r that’ was a mean machine , had plenty of fast 2 strokes built Honda atc250r , my last one I builtwas a hoped up banshee she was a screamer ….. I’m the last place in town nothing to the west of me , park behind , school in front ,every saw I own has moded muffs or straight shots , my kid tells me he can here my 461or my 462 clean on the other side of town :chainsaw::cool::p, I love it when the Soccer people show up super early on a weekend that becomes my official firewood processing day

Lol. School never taught that English well.
I learnt far more after I left school, looking back the majority of teachers couldnt change a plug anyway, there is a saying.....
Those that cant, teach.
Those that cant teach, teach teachers!
Says it all really

I learnt far more after I left school, looking back the majority of teachers couldnt change a plug anyway, there is a saying.....
Those that cant, teach.
Those that cant teach, teach teachers!
Says it all really
I have to disagree with yer "old saying". There are good and bad teachers, and I've had both in my limited education. Good teachers are informed, dedicated, and passionate about the people they teach. Bad ones are there because they have a degree that they think makes them an expert, those are the ones that can't teach. Lots of teachers in my family so I may be just a bit biased, and not to brag, but they all fit into the good teachers category. Pigon holeing all into a box isn't fair to the teachers that work long hours for short pay, all the while looking after 20 to 30 of our children and trying their best to do a thankless job. If you know a good one, it makes it easier to spot a bad one.

Nothing against teachers, but I wouldn't compare their selfless sacrifice to that of Mother Theresa or the Navy SEALs...my Mom worked much of her career in schools and it was a pretty sweet gig ... work 9 or 10 months a year but get paid for 12, with summers off along with every holiday under the sun, and "snow days," union representation, all-but-guaranteed raises every year, lots of benefits, state pension for life, tenure after a few years where you basically need to commit murder on camera (or admit you voted GOP) to be fired...more like being a politician than a first responder or sheepdog, if you ask me. Pretty nice racket for folks who couldn't have made it thru college if it weren't for "teachers' colleges"...

For a number of years, my Mom hosted her school's annual Christmas party at our house, and I got to witness many of the same teachers who had taught me, except now they were flogging INEBRIATED, good God those people could NOT hold their alcohol...people passed out in the snowmelt over top of the septic tank in the yard, and talk about fillet of fu$king STUPID...it was a real eye-opener for me...pretty embarrassing, really...

Latest posts

Back