this could be the best thing ever for a chainsaw enthusiast.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this may just be an different take on an old snowmobile. Look up,..." bolens husky snowmobile".... my uncle owned 2 , one yellow Bolens Husky and one red diablo rouge Bolens. We spent lots of time riding them when we were kids.

I knew the man that owned the company that made thos 6 wd amphibious things.he passed away probably 10 years ago but worked for his wife up til about 5 years ago.

Very cool but I very they are really expensive.......

I like the idea a lot but why not just get a cheap snow machine

Smittybilt saws

I think this may just be an different take on an old snowmobile. Look up,..." bolens husky snowmobile".... my uncle owned 2 , one yellow Bolens Husky and one red diablo rouge Bolens. We spent lots of time riding them when we were kids.

It sure does!

I like the battery idea. Quieter for hunting. Could also use it around the neighborhood without people complaining. And if it was gas, you'd eat the exhaust.

I like the battery idea. Quieter for hunting. Could also use it around the neighborhood without people complaining. And if it was gas, you'd eat the exhaust.

I like electric and battery stuff. Instant on/off and like you said, quiet.

I mean I like diesel and gas as well, but have been toying with the idea for years of a plug in truck and small tractor that were all electric just for around the farm and short range to town and back. Solar panel gas station for the win!

Looks like a cool and capable unit. In the video it says they're seeking distributors and manufacturers so I don't think it's on the market yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gcIwrdeP21s
I just saw this and all I could think about was how I wouldn't have to choose which saw to go into the woods with. This year has been a major chore just getting 1 saw in through the deep snow here in Mi. With this multiple saws, gas, oil tool heck everything in through the deep snow in tight quarters would be a breeze. I hope this gets here soon! I will be the first to have one.
I don't have anything to do with it just love the idea and simplicity of the thing.

Anyone else see the potential I do?

The moment they said batteries it was sunk in my books. Just not proven yet. I worked in the automotive field and we tried and tried to make the battery powered cars workable. Not enough range, cost and temperature sensitive. Invent a better battery then it might be viable.

The moment they said batteries it was sunk in my books. Just not proven yet. I worked in the automotive field and we tried and tried to make the battery powered cars workable. Not enough range, cost and temperature sensitive. Invent a better battery then it might be viable.

Disagree bigtime. I know some one *years* ago had a GM EV1, loved it, wanted to buy it, GM squished it. The batteries then were fine, they are MUCH better now.

I don't know if they have lead acid, NiCad, NiMh or Lithium Ion in that single track machine, but if it is lithium ion you get thousands of charges, no memory loss, plenty of power.

There are electric forklifts and opther traction machines out there in daily use, like in mining, heavy duty, all day long work. Batteries are fine. Freaking submarines since WW1, batteries are fine. jay leno has an over 100 year old baker electric, still runs fine, it has the original batteries. People are using nissan leafs, teslas, and gm volts daily, batteries work fine. No, they don't go 300 miles on a charge, whoopedy zing.

Don't buy one if you don't like it, but don't dis modern batteries either based on years ago usage, this is the 21st century and battery tech is amazing today compared to some years past. Ain't hardly a construction crew out there that doesn't use battery powered tools today. My first cellphone, lucky to get a day out of it, I can go a week now and it is 50 times more powerful and useful. Same with my early laptops compared to today, absolutely no contest.

In the context of this thread, as a tool useful for firewood, 45 Km is minimum range they claim, That's a heckuva lot dragging out rounds and small trees back to the truck or the house.

OK, if you go harvest your wood 50 miles away from where you stack it, and intend to use this thing all the way back and forth, nope, a little tedious it would be, but for a lot of guys with this deep snow, heck ya. Plenty of range to get a lot of wood back on one charge, according to what it says in the vid anyway. 45 to 210 KM depending on which battery pack it has.

There's folks out there consistently getting over 100 miles on a charge in their Rav4EV cars, with well over 100,00 miles on the original battery packs.

I looked up as much as I could and found no price. The guy is currently looking for a manufacturer and distributors. Did find out that it can go up to 25 mph and depending on battery selection run for 15 min to 8 hours and up to 136 miles.
The attachment are wide open on this thing I would think. Sleds for hauling in winter wagons in summer a platform on top for your chainsaws and tools skid for pulling logs ect. I also like that it is so thin to get through the woods.

Latest posts

Back