This forum is dead lately, we need some pictures to spice things up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
Reaction score
I just got my last roll of film back from the drugstore today, wanted to post this picture. This was taken about 3 weeks ago from about 40' up in a Live Oak. Notice that the ground crew is wearing short sleeves in December. :p

Here's another picture of some nice live oaks from earlier this year.
I got to talk with Tom Dunlap on the phone today while he was driving to Louisiana. He's going to get to climb some live oaks, so this picture is for him. Hope you have a lot of fun limb walking in some huge live oaks, Tom!

Amen on the deadness. It just seems exhausting to read sometimes.

Brian, those are some nice pictures. I just picked up and scanned a bunch myself. This is from last weekend. That hanger was primarily supported by 3 strands on a pre-wrap that had not broken.

I am bad about taking pics. I am making a photo collection of failures. I also want to make one of killer trees - trees that ended a life - via auto accident, etc.

Here is a bur from this past summer.

Wish I had pics of the wicked live oak removals I did week before last. I was climbing so I couldn't shoot and I my spanish is too poor to explain the whole camera thing.:rolleyes:

forum condition

I wouldn't call it dead, but slower than normal , yes ,I blamed it on the holidays, people don't have the time to post this time of year and us regulars are hunting new post as normal and there just aren't as many.... that is one reason I started the twelve days of arboristsite , a few weeks back to have a little fun , but I think it will pick up again after years end lets all hang in there and keep posting;)

Man, those live oaks must be a blast to climb in! I worked in one, once, in South Carolina, but not nearly as majestic as the ones pictured!

As for the dead forum, I don't see how you guys have time to keep up with all the reading/posting......

Dan

Treetx,
you might need to elevate that limb slightly for roof clearance. You think it needs a cable maybe? :p

por que :angry: ??

yeah, maybe a cable. Not sure why it failed. No big sign of defect but there was some if I remember.

It had been gutted in the past from looking at the tree. This was my 1st time to work on it.

(Ya might need some Elmer's Wood Glue to get that limb to stay in place)
MP, how big are the pics you are trying to post? The site will accept up to 250KB or so, but it's easier to add and view them with a dial-up if they are 120KB or less.
If it totally frustrates you, email me the pic and I'll make it work.
[email protected]

Here is my first attempt to attach. This is one of 32 trees I took out of this yard. Most in the back yard. Too bad only got pictures of this tree (a buddy that thought i was going to break something came by and took them).

here goes

rwilk

Latest posts

Back