This forum is dead lately, we need some pictures to spice things up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MP- that's a big lizard! The last time I heard anything on Godzilla, he was 7' long and about 70 - 80 lbs.

Okay, I'll give it a try

Here are some photos from a big ash removal we did this spring, no way to get a crane in...

Pardon the first image size, even jpeg'ed it's huge ( I did some retouching to two photos to blend them together:D

In the end this job took three days, we were working 2 1/2 hrs from the shop, driving every day...

Carrie and I were breaking in the 'new guy' Dave, was his first big rig experiance.

We got the logs out by skidding them with the HIAB boom, about 60', (8' at a time:rolleyes: ) and through a hole in the fence (we couldn't get any equipment into the back yard.

The logs are still at the mill, and my saw guy is still pondering if his mill deck will take them! The big one was 42"

Looks like you're having fun up there, Matt. Someone already did the hard part over the roof though. :p
That's a lot of wood!

Yeah It was nice to not have to clear the house:p

But the one side was done, not overly long ago, and if you look in the 'notch' picture you can see the rootplate/basal decay, the whole root plate on the one side was gone! I suspect from when some fool trenched in the drainage for the EVE TROUGH!!! about 4 feet from the base:angry:

So myself and two other consulting arborists suggested complete removal, almost curious as to why the first company didn't take the whole thing down. (was different owners)

Anyway was a neat job from a wood quantity perspective, we spent more time hucking wood then anything else, even with a log arch and skidding out those big logs, I think the homeowner will be burning that one for years!! ( I didn't want to haul that big a quantity back to the yard)

Latest posts

Back