This is off topic.. 3 pt hitch side mower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNMIKE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is off topic but I know some of you guys might be able to use this and its a pretty neat idea. If you have ditches or ponds you need to mow it can save a lot of time. Its in a PDF file so you will need the reader to look at it.

Great post Mike! I have 2 ponds and like the idea.Looks easy to to build too.:clap: Mark

The Reece type hitch and pulling eyes

Are worth reading the article for. Glad you liked it Stony. I have a mile road with a creek beside it. Im making one this summer. It looks like any old 5 hp mower will work.

Sorry Slabmaster

I had a senior moment...I dont know why I called you Stony.

This is off topic but I know some of you guys might be able to use this and its a pretty neat idea. If you have ditches or ponds you need to mow it can save a lot of time. Its in a PDF file so you will need the reader to look at it.

As good as that works, it gives you more time to play with your saws.

jerry-

Replace that toplink with a light cylinder and not have to get off the tractor too much...if you hae remotes that is...

Yep

The guy that wrote the article mentions that and electric start too. I think its been working so well for him he hasnt messed with success. Sometimes you can doll on something so much you mess it up if you know what I mean

Wish I'd had the little turkey this afternoon...brought the Long and it's implements home, then went over to mow (ok play with the new toy)
some folk's yard...they are a little hard up, and their mower broke this spring,
and was about ready to bale..(hmmm...) anyway...the tractor and that little bush hog finish mower were superb...but that little thing you have would be the bomb for the ditch banks...it'd rock too to have a little flail mower powered by IC, and mounted like that...

oh..the little tractor is pretty tight and strong..better than I 'spected..

Here's what i use to mow around my 3 bigger ponds and streams...

orig.jpg

It reaches out 9', will even cut under water, and it runs at any angle. I like the way if needed, it will cut right through 1' willows, and doesn't throw the grass and weeds into the water. If i want, i can take the bigger stuff right out and put it in the garden for mulch.

I've used rotary type mowers around my ponds, but the sickle mowers are the way to go... I've seen them pretty cheap at farm sales too, and they will last forever, for around the pond use...

Rob

Latest posts

Back