This is starting to get old

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldfront

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is really starting to get old, and cold. Hauled in another few days worth of wood today, it will go fast it looks like. On the bright side no mosquito's.

Severe Weather Statement as of 2:29 PM CST on February 03, 2009

Another bitterly cold night is in store for the Northland. Air
temperatures will quickly fall below zero after sunset... reaching
the teens and -20s below zero by day break Wednesday morning. Due
to the calm winds... there will not be a wind chill value.
However... air temperatures of -15 to -20 below zero can result in
frostbite... and hypothermia will set in if precautions are not
taken.

Last edited:
Look on the bright side there cold front!!! There will be slush on the roads this weekend with highs in the thirty's. Time to pull out the lawn chair, kick back, soak up a few rays with some wine, a little cheese, life is good. How does that old saying go??? Hurley, Hayward and Hell??? what's up with that?? LOL

Coldfront,

Thanks for beating that one up before it gets across the pond and into my neck of the woods.:biggrinbounce2:

It figures. We get a three day break, and then the Manitou goes back to war.

The way I figure it, we usually get three good blasts after January, and just about every year.

The last one is always the sloppiest and always comes after a nice warm up to catch folks that got lulled into thinking spring.
This ain't it. It's too early.

Hunker down up there!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Brought in a little over a half cord a week ago Saturday, better get some more in real soon so it gets the snow and ice melted off before I throw it in the stove.

Weekend forecast looks good though, just might get the Massey started without too much trouble Friday.

Have NO idea what the car has gotten for mileage the last month and a half, it's spent untold hours warming up, but hey, I like a warm car when I gotta go somewhere.

Yah, you guys in the upper MW have gotten slapped pretty hard this year...temps here in the Commonwealth to be in the mid 50's Saturday...
:clap: :clap:

After today NW Ohio is forecasted to be in the mid to upper 30's for about the next 10 days. WOOHOO!
Old man winter isn't done by a long shot but I'll take this little break and enjoy it.
If nothing else it will melt some of this snow away and make getting around a bunch easier.

,,, and just a few months ago we were on here chomping at the bit to light fires when it was still 80 degrees out, LOL

I know what ya mean, has not been as cold here as there but below normal with few breaks from the cold. Even my Elkhound seems ready for it to warm up a bit. Water at my shop in town is froze out under the street, never had that happen before.

Not sure if I believe it (OK I don't) but starting Friday TWC says we are not going to fall below freezing for five days (even at night!!). Not sure if that will be long enough to get all the frost out of the ground.....it will sure be sloppy for awhile.

No I think -33° was the coldest here so far. That was a long day at work, I couldn't get the shop above 42° all day.

I think the coldest it got here so far was -38.
Not as cold as the -50 we had a couple of years back.

This morning it was -24, My Cast predicted it was going to be a low of -2.

Yup....20 below here this a.m.
I could tell with my wood almost out and it was a bit cool around the edges this morning.
I've got fishers coming in from Wi this weekend and with 30's being forcasted I'm sure we will have some good action on the ice.

I've seen 38,32 and a long string of 20 below temps this winter.
I sure am glad I have my Yukon burning wood.

Gonna have to make a run up north to bring another 1/2 cord of wood home for our fireplace. We've gone through a bunch of wood between our two places, but at least it is cheap heat!
We had -14 this morning. I AM looking to the short warmup this weekend.

Stay warm - - Spring is only 6 more weeks away!! At least according to the damn woodchuck.

Al :cheers:

- Spring is only 6 more weeks away!! At least according to the damn woodchuck.

6 more weeks yea right, I bet I will still be driving my F150 out on the lakes ice fishing in April. The ice right now is about 3 feet thick and growing, almost time to put the extension on the Jiffy auger.

this winter has been a little cold, but at least we haven't hit -40 yet .

NO???????????
attachment.php

I know . . .

6 more weeks yea right, I bet I will still be driving my F150 out on the lakes ice fishing in April. The ice right now is about 3 feet thick and growing, almost time to put the extension on the Jiffy auger.

The ice is very thick - but at least by April the snow should be down enough to get back in the woods easily again!?! And the temps should be up in the 30s and 40s.

-20 F. here last night and Hayward reported -26 F. My coldest so far was also -33 F. I've seen it as cold as -50 F. here, so it can get colder.

This is why I have a HUGE wood supply of many years worth and I burn everything and anything: oak, ash, pine, spruce, aspen, balsam -- you name it I burn it.

Also milling a big red pine this winter in addition to firewood cutting. I'm enjoying this winter and all the nice bright sunny days. There is already a hint of spring with the increased angle of the sun.

C'mon now. Stop the whining: it's Winter, remember ?
You want warm, speak to AlGore or go to the Carolinas or Orlando. Thank the stars that we have Winter with all the Chicken Little Sky is Falling fool faux science. Yes, there is Climate Change, but right now it is called "Seasons". Winter in the temperate zones is cold. Suck it up boys and girls. I have spoken. Now, go to the store for bread and milk.
JMNSHO

Back