This ported Husky 365 Special is unbelievable!!!...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockeydeuce

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
OK!! First thanks to those other builders that have unselfishly shared info here on AS, and especially Stumpyhusky who gave me the basic guidelines for this 365 that I just built for a local logger!:cheers:

The customer brought me this saw to just freshen it up with a new piston, but I decided to surprise the guy with a port job and Muffler mod, as he's been talking about wanting a ported saw. The intake and exhaust ports have been widened to 65% of the bore and I did lots of blending in the lower transfers and cut the bottom of the cylinder wall area beside the lower transfers down to flush with the gasket surface.....I really apologize for no pics during the build, but I got in the groove and the saw was together before the camera came out.

Here's a video of it cutting some pretty hard birch......I am totally blown away by the torque this saw has.....I am really leaning on it in a couple of the cuts.....I fooled around and made a couple "one handed" cuts too...:biggrin:

[video=youtube_share;qSsI9yuWzzw]http://youtu.be/qSsI9yuWzzw[/video]

Here's a stock 064 that I just finished building with a new Meteor piston in the same log for comparison.......

[video=youtube_share;lTr3_Lkh9Ts]http://youtu.be/lTr3_Lkh9Ts[/video]

I've got to build myself one of these 365's or 372's now.....I don't want to give this thing back to the guy....LOL:rock:

I ran two full tanks through it and had to keep shaking my head and thinking that I couldn't believe this saw is only 65cc's!!

Last edited:
Awesome job! My stock 365 must still be breaking in because I swear it gets faster every time I run it! Went through a bunch of birch today like butter. I was surprised.

That would certainly be an interesting surprise.

makes me want to try at least a muff mod with mine. got some closeup pics to look at

makes me want to try at least a muff mod with mine. got some closeup pics to look at

That's one of the only pics I took was my Muffler mod.....I left the stock top outlet, and added a 3/4" tube outlet to the one side.......It seems just right for a smaller saw like this.

IMG_6435.jpg

The owner of the saw has it as of yesterday and says he's going to cut with it all day today, so I can't wait to hear the reaction.....I told him that he got a couple "tweaks".:msp_biggrin:

I did the same thing to mine just it back together last night don't have any good wood here i did do a little noodeling seems to be more toqure and quicket on the throtle mine has the blue coilo on it i do plan on putting a UL coil on mine look's like you did a great job.I'll rep you if it will let me.

Saws so nice that I have 2!!:rock: great job on the saw!!

This thread has also got me interested in modding my 365. I've just done a muff mod and it already seems to have more go. I think I may try my hand at some port work in the not to distant future. Great thread, thanks for sharing.

Nice work jockeydeuce. Those saws run and sound really good.:rock:

A husky 288xp exhaust deflector in the same place where jockeydeuce has his is a good muff mod for those that don't have a welder. Place the deflector for best fit. Mark holes for screws then drill the hole with a slightly smaller bit the the screw. Then drill a hole in the middle of the two holes. Start opening it up and place the deflector in place every so often to make sure the hole don't go out side the deflector. This way you can run a screen also.

Back