This saw is frightening!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olyeller

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I sent an email to a motorcycle friend telling him about my new chainsaw addition that feeds my two-stroke motorcycle roots. He mentioned that he had a saw, but that a friend of his had a really scary saw.

This is what he says about it: "It's powered by a Yamaha single with Ohlins 350cc cylinder, expansion chamber etc. It is seriously scary at speed."

This posting might have been better under the ######## category, but I've never seen anything like this and it is frightening to behold, much less contemplate running it. Thought you guys might want a look-see.

I sent an email to a motorcycle friend telling him about my new chainsaw addition that feeds my two-stroke motorcycle roots. He mentioned that he had a saw, but that a friend of his had a really scary saw.

This is what he says about it: "It's powered by a Yamaha single with Ohlins 350cc cylinder, expansion chamber etc. It is seriously scary at speed."

This posting might have been better under the ######## category, but I've never seen anything like this and it is frightening to behold, much less contemplate running it. Thought you guys might want a look-see.

Ohlins cylinder?

The only Ohlins I know of make suspension components (I have an Ohlins back shock absorber on my GSXR), can't say have ever heard of them having anything to do with making bike cylinders before.

Not saying that they have never made cylinders, just that I haven't seen one as yet.

Brings back lots of memories of 3-wheelers and dirt bikes. There was a big-bore kit for the old YZ 250's made by Ohlin and to make it a 360 I believe...I actually think I have one of my old Dirtbike or Dirtwheels mags with it in there.

I think Mugen made a 360 also but was for the 3-wheelers.

:drool:

Unfortunately, that's all I know about this saw--belongs to a friend of a friend. I bet that thing just howls when it's at full throttle. And I don't know how you hold that thing without burning your belly (or worse!) on that pipe.

:jawdrop: I bet that thing sounds wicked loud w/ an open expansion chamber.

Here's me getting Beat this summer, Damn thing didn't start.:censored: It fired up on the second pull, but the race is over by then.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/Troutfisher_photo/?action=view&current=aricchrisbikesaw.flv

Here's my run at Tupper Lake, another crappy start, I nearly flooded it during the warm up...........

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/Troutfisher_photo/?action=view&current=arichotsaw.flv

Those are some good videos, and a nice saw. I would like to see some of those saws in person one day.

:jawdrop: I bet that thing sounds wicked loud w/ an open expansion chamber.

They are Absolutly deafening! I mean shake-the-skin-on-your-face loud. I've heard announcers at competitions warn the crowd, asking that small children and those with sensitive ears cover up or move back.

That is crazy! I guess you don't really run it long enough to worry about getting burned on the pipe? By coincidence, it was a Suzuki RM125 that pitched me over the bars on Banazi Hill a decade and a half ago at the famous-and-now-gone Saddleback Park in Southern California. I got pretty beat up and I pi$$ed blood that night and was afraid I wouldn't wake up in the morning. But here I am, all these years later.

Back