This stuff is terrific, you must try!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrpotatohead

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-of-24-...e-Engine-Oil-w-Fuel-Stabilizer-/172904448884?
Very cheap price, stabilizer, full synthetic. I have used Echo/Husqvarna/Stihl oil , even universal 2 stroke oil on occasion without issue, and really can't tell a difference. But this Dolmar oil really seems to be a cut above, idles more steady, and throttle slightly crisper. Thought it was me, but my buddy got a case too, and he called me bragging about it too.

Get yours while you can!

You really can tell a difference in how a saw runs?

Really?

It really seems to. My neighbor, who is a professional landscaper and tree trimmer called me after he used it and reflected the same results. Cold start, warm up, and throttle seems to be a bit more crisp. I really was doubting myself after using it a week, but when my neighbor called me, I thought to myself, OK then.

Either way, it is a smoking deal on a name brand full synthetic oil that I thought I would share with some people who could in most all probability put it to good use and appreciate it...

I ordered a few cases. Curious to see if it will actually get shipped, though it didn't give me any issue to order.

We pay around $4 a bottle wholesale for the 5 gal mix so at around $1.75 a bottle that's a great price.

Full synthetic ester base oil is expensive to produce, so price is usually a give away as to the contents. This oil 'meets or exceeds' JASO FD standards but appears not to be JASO certified. Their is no real definition of 'synthetic' oil the high court deemed it as a marketing term. This could be 100% synthetic or 1%. However it is probably a suitable oil for saws as they prefer mineral base combustible base stock. The reason it performs as well as described is testimony to the fact its not that 'synthetic' at all. But despite the marketing on the bottle I'd run it and I bet it works well. You would not be buying high quality synthetics at that price though. But the OEM's usually know what works in their product, so its not a bad thing its basically a mineral oil.

It does say "Fully Synthetic" on the bottle. I doubt that Makita/Dolmar would blatantly lie about it. It appears from the snowblowersdirect link that this oil has been discontinued and is probably why it is priced so low. No doubt the seller bought a bunch of it on closeout somewhere. Makita is probably dumping everything Dolmar branded.

Paul Getty, once asked his father J. Paul Getty, "What makes our oil better then others?". His father the great American industrialist of the 20th Century, said -- "Nothing. Oil is oil".

I didn't even notice it was synthetic. The post I made about prices was for plain Jane Husqvarna branded 2 stroke oil (its what our wholesaler carries)

It does say "Fully Synthetic" on the bottle. I doubt that Makita/Dolmar would blatantly lie about it. It appears from the snowblowersdirect link that this oil has been discontinued and is probably why it is priced so low. No doubt the seller bought a bunch of it on closeout somewhere. Makita is probably dumping everything Dolmar branded.

Why someone would penny pinch 2 cycle oil is beyond me. IF that micron or 3 layer of oil is all that is protecting your piston from mating with your cylinder i would think you would splurge and spend the extra pocket change to get the best oil you can. Makita/Dolmar do not make the oil, they get it from some 3rd party. Even Stihl has on the bottle it is from castrol.

Latest posts

Back