this weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledude232

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
im in Maine, and this weather sucks, i woke up to a couple inches of snow, thats fine, i love snow, it doesn't slow me down working wood until it gets pretty deep. but when i got my saws and splitter to a customers house to cut and split some wood, it turned to rain, it was pouring, we were standing in 4 inches of slush, the wood was slick as an airplane restroom. its about 32 degrees out, and just terrible weather, we got a few cord done and called it quits, we were soaked and frozen, terrible day.
someone with warmer weather wanna cheer me up? (or make me jealous)

No warmer weather around here. I don't remember the last sunny day we had, but it's been a while. I really don't remember the last decent weekend day we've had, but I know that's been quite a while.

My folks are from Maine. I'm from Ma. Now I'm stuck here in tn.

I just went and looked and it's reading 80 in the sun. Most likely it is around 60 today..

It has been a nice warm sunny day..I did not get as much done as I wanted but maybe tomorrow????

Anyway I miss those cold rainy days of New England like you could not believe..I would trade you if I could..I started this to tease you about our temps today and you ended up making me homesick....

Enjoy the snow!!!!

someone with warmer weather wanna cheer me up? (or make me jealous)

A cold front went through last night and dumped ½" of rain on us right quick. Looks like it's only gonna get up to 62° today but it's at least it's a bright sunny day. Maybe it'll be better tomorrow. Come on down and soak up some sun with us cycledude.

id love to come down there and soak up some nice warm sunshine. but i can't right now, i have 60 acres of about 90% hardwoods to clear, and a few hundred acres to thin as well. way to busy to go down right now. but thanks for the offer!
altho i may be headed down to alabama for a few days to check out a school down there, some time this winter.

I'm in the mountains of WV; house at 3000', the mountain behind the house gets up to 4800'. It's pouring snow now, we've gotten about 24"-28" in the last week or so. Looks like the wooly worm was right this year.

Was 70 today; I rode my motorcycle to work.. again.

Was splitting wood out back in a t-shirt until 5:30pm tonight.

KRS

i i have 60 acres of about 90% hardwoods to clear

Dang man, that sounds like a full-time job for a while. I'm just clearing a lousy little 15 acre patch of my land, cutting and piling the junky hardwood brush, and it seems like it's gonna take forever. But it is so thick the deer can't get through it in most places.

yep it is going to be full time for quite a while, i don't have a full fledged skidder so its going to take some time. but i enjoy it. the lot was thinned in the past 20 years, but now its getting cleared for corn fields. im looking to get quite a few loads out this winter. ive found quite a few veneer logs to be cut, looking forward to cashing in on those. oh and i have a few other fairly big lots to work on as well. quite a job for a 19 year old.

Last edited:
2" of rain here today

My folks are from Maine. I'm from Ma. Now I'm stuck here in tn.

I just went and looked and it's reading 80 in the sun. Most likely it is around 60 today..

It has been a nice warm sunny day..I did not get as much done as I wanted but maybe tomorrow????

Anyway I miss those cold rainy days of New England like you could not believe..I would trade you if I could..I started this to tease you about our temps today and you ended up making me homesick....

Enjoy the snow!!!!

Just one of those days and you'd be missing Massachusetts like a pair of dirty socks! Don't get nostalgic about miserable weather....it sucks here about 7 months a year. I will be moving to Naples, FL in about 10 years...I need to go where the weather suits my clothes (shorts & flip-flops)

i lucked out this week, two loads left the landing on the frost monday before the rain hit. so that means ill have money for this week weather i cut or not. due to the holiday and the weather (and the end of deer season) we wont be back cutting and skidding until next monday. hoping for more cold weather coming next week. it only took about 4 hours for my landing to go from pavement hard frost to soup. it will take 4 days for it to go the other way.

Back