This winter's wood supply---with pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bama

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Karlstad, MN---Where the earth meets the sky.
I didn't measure the pile, but there is a lot of wood there. I left a gap for part of the basement window. I covered the rest with plywood until spring.
It is all oak and ash. The unsplit stuff I got last week. Some nice standing dead trees. All I had was my 490 and a 16" bar because the Husky 61 and Jonsey 625 both ended up having some minor trouble that I didn't have the tools to fix. Well, the 61 needs more work(air leak), but the fuel filter fell off the 625 and I couldn't get back on with what I had. It kept running lean in the cut. I will clamp it this time.

The 490 was slower, but kept right on cutting. Took about 3.5 hours to load the pickup and trailer, but it was well worth it.

The first two pics are of the wood I have for next year. The final cutting of a 10 acre cottonwood/ash mix. I left the cottonwood. I got about 150 trees out of the deal. Three years of wood.

The last two are of what I think I will use this year if it gets cold. Rather have too much than too little by the house.

Good work. I too ran into alot of oak this year, and as usual, ash, my favorite.
You gotta love it. You'll stay warm with that stack.

Thanks for the pics.

Back