those of you that have used Dolmar and Echo...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tb8100

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
which do you like better? Does one make a better small saw and the other, a better large saw, or is one of the two better across the board in your opinion? We carry Echo and at some point in the future, we may have a Dolmar display for their saws. Not a hugely well known brand, but if the quality is there, we can sell it (since we're more concerned with quality than brand name anyway). There is a Stihl dealer in town and we want to make sure we're offering a good alternative to this area.

Well I have never used a small Dolmar, but I know Echo makes nice little saws. I also know Echo's big saws arent that great, I would rank them behind Efco, Dolmar, and most of the other manufacturers not named Stihl or Husky.

I would suggest carrying Echo for their excellent lineup of 30-45 cc saws, and Dolmar for their awesome lineup of saws from 45cc on up.

Echo also makes decent trimmers, hedge trimmers, etc so you are covered in that arena also

Ive worked on both,,, JMHO the Dolmars are a better made Machine!!!!!! The echos arent bad,,,,,, just seems the dolmars are a few steps ahead!!!!!

Last edited:
Dolmar is a better saw in every category IMO. Echo makes a nice saw for the homeowner, but it ends at that. again, just my opinion.

Echo versus Dolmar

I don't think there's any competition between the two. Dolmar is by far the superior product. I own two older Dolmars, a 116 and a 120si and both have been flawlessly dependable. They are a bit heavy compared too the new models but have great power and never let me down. Both these saws are more than 10 years old and are still on their first top end. They've done duty in woodyards cutting ends and slashing and bring in my own 10 cords of firewood a year. The day I need new saws (not for a while yet)I'd buy a 7300 or 7900 and a 5100s. You just can't beat Dolmar for my money.

Steve Zee
Partner 5000plus pro
Huskie 51
Dolmar 116
Dolmar 120si

Latest posts

Back