Thought you guys might like to see the stickler in action

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stackwood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;KCnGX_5HGGM]http://youtu.be/KCnGX_5HGGM[/video]

I have since moved to a speeco 22 ton

It is a cool idea I mounted one onto a hydraulic motor for digging post holes to split the large rounds into more managable rounds. You can get hurt though if the wood is not properly braced and the lumber starts spinning around at high speed.

I had a large round of green knotty ash took my truck off the jack over the wheel chock and away it went across my yard into my shed . I wanna make so it runs off a pto

I had a large round of green knotty ash took my truck off the jack over the wheel chock and away it went across my yard into my shed . I wanna make so it runs off a pto

Saw a 2.5 ton farm truck that "ran away" in creeper gear and low axle range after the log jammed. Log gets to spinning and farmer gets beat up a bit, then log jambs and truck takes off. Sloooowly. No one worried about the truck it was so slow. Wait to see if farmer's ok, yep, ok. Laugh a little. Ask again, "Ok?" Yep, ok. Then someone says "The truck!" It wasn't too far from the barn and now it seemed to be moving a helluva lot faster then before. What a race that was. Hired hand got there first and smooth as could be swung truck back around without even declutching it. I think the mirror might have rubbed the barnboards a little. But farmer must have gotten scared when the truck took off because I don't remember seeing him use the splitter again.

Saw a 2.5 ton farm truck that "ran away" in creeper gear and low axle range after the log jammed. Log gets to spinning and farmer gets beat up a bit, then log jambs and truck takes off. Sloooowly. No one worried about the truck it was so slow. Wait to see if farmer's ok, yep, ok. Laugh a little. Ask again, "Ok?" Yep, ok. Then someone says "The truck!" It wasn't too far from the barn and now it seemed to be moving a helluva lot faster then before. What a race that was. Hired hand got there first and smooth as could be swung truck back around without even declutching it. I think the mirror might have rubbed the barnboards a little. But farmer must have gotten scared when the truck took off because I don't remember seeing him use the splitter again.

Hahahaha my shed did not survive ! I had to rebuild it

Believe this or not but my paralyzed from the waist down uncle used one of them for years to split wood for his fireplace. He had a Ford van and my Aunt would help him. He would get out of his wheelchair and sit on the ground and work away. They still have it and Ive thought about hooking it up to one of my trucks but ended up getting one that runs off a Briggs engine.:rock:
http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/107905.htm

Last edited:
Believe this or not but my paralyzed from the waist down uncle used one of them for years to split wood for his fireplace. He had a Ford van and my Aunt would help him. He would get out of his wheelchair and sit on the ground and work away. They still have it and Ive thought about hooking it up to one of my trucks but ended up getting one that runs off a Briggs engine.:rock:
http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/107905.htm

--so did you fix the carb and get it going good?

Latest posts

Back