Thoughts on communication systems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy
Peasy
Just watch you don't pinch the wires.
Ok so set arrived today what did you do with one ear that is shorter. Was that an issue when it came time to run the wires. How did you mitigate this. Also how did you stuck the speakers in the ear muffs. I apologize for picking so much or your ideas just trying to learn from your success.

Shorter one goes to the side the wires come out of the unit. You need to take the ear muffs apart. It's a bit tricky to pop them open till you figure it out, then it's easy. I put mine on the helmet and marked about 30 degrees back from top center. I used a cut off wheel on the grinder to slice the groove for the wire. There is a lip on the inside of the muff. The groove has to be about an eighth of an inch into that groove. Use a cutting disc not a grinding wheel. We stared for a while until we figured it out.
I'll be refreshed on the whole thing Monday as we just received 12 more at work.

There is a sticky pad on the back of the speaker. Peel it off and stick it to the inside of the muffs. I think. There might be a Velcro sticky thing to put in first. I'll take a lot of pics Monday when I put one together.

Thank you so much. I know the sticky thing you speak of. Do you stick it to the foam or.... Another thought for your project and securing wires. They make a tape much like super thick electrical tape designed to apply over wires to hold them down by this may make a great product to secure wire to the helmet. Another question I had was what is the best way you have found to secure it.
Last question what model is the hard hat you have it mounted in? I like it!!!

Secure the speaker to the plastic part of the inside of the muff. I centered mine in there. The speaker wires are a bit long so I coiled them up into the muff before I put it back together. You could cool them and tape them to the inside of the helmet. There is a velcro clip piece to run the mic wire through. I wrapped the excess mic wire around the head band a time or two. I'll check on the helmet Monday as well. The 3- M muffs that came with the units did not fit these helmets so I used the ones that came with them. They are a type of forestry helmet our local stihl dealer carries. There is a stihl logo on them.

Those are super helpful. Do you notice muffling of sound with the foam in front of the speaker? I will take picture of the as you call it super tape as well.

Back