Three Humped Tie Strap Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All carlton for me. They only have it in one size though... 20". I was thinking to join it all into a roll so I can make longer chains but I dont know where to get the joiners from, and it sounds like a hassle to sharpen to get it all the same length. Are you selling those adjustable anvils? I've been thinking about an auto vice sharpener too, honestly I'm not getting consistent results from mine because I'm too lazy to do the anvil up. Plus I think the 4mm cyclone disk is too small... maybe a 5mm?

Shaun

Mine were all 66DL 18" chains so I just cracked them and rejoined them. I'll send you some presets and tiestraps not a problem.
I can also get the adjustable anvils. Really good, particularly on larger chain but pretty tight on .325" because they are so wide. Not impossible just fiddley.
My three Dinasaw discs are 3.5mm for 3/8"LP and .325" and 4.5mm for 3/8" and .404". The depth guage wheel is 7mm and flat although if I did it again I'd get a radiused one to round off the rakers nicer.
Autos are the way to go if you grind a lot of chains for sure.

Latest posts

Back