Tie in for repositioning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ffmech17

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm running a doubled rope with a split tail on a web bridge. What's the appropriate way to tie in a second line to repostion yourself? I tried hooking my second line to my rope carabiner and was side loading it too badly so I switched to hooking to the loop of my bowline and wasn't sure if that was safe either. What do you guys reccomend?

I agree with Jolly about using another biner. From your post I'm assuming you have a bowline tied to your carabiner. If so, one thing to keep in mind is to use a cinching knot to connect a rope to a carabiner. Something like a double fisherman or a buntline work really well for this as they keep the carabiner from side loading.

Regardless I think just tossing another biner on the back of your harness for this use is a good practice. Stay safe dude!

I'm using the Weaver Cougar with a sewn webbing bridge. Yes I'm using a bowline on a carabiner on my rope with a second carabiner on my spliced eye split tail. The side loading I was getting was from hooking in my reposition rope to the carabiner on my climb line. Is there a way to setup on a web bridge similar to a hitch climber on a rope bridge?

I'm using the Weaver Cougar with a sewn webbing bridge. Yes I'm using a bowline on a carabiner on my rope with a second carabiner on my spliced eye split tail. The side loading I was getting was from hooking in my reposition rope to the carabiner on my climb line. Is there a way to setup on a web bridge similar to a hitch climber on a rope bridge?

You could buy a ring and attach that to your bridge. Then when you wanted to double tie in you could just tie to the ring. That would alleviate the problem of your biners side loading.

Something like this would work great! 40mm is perfect for that.
http://www.bartlettman.com/DMM-ALUMINUM-RING_p_1365.html

Will a hitch climber work on a sewn web bridge? That setup looks like the ticket I just didn't know if it would work correctly on the square material.

An idea worth mentioning would be Ligering.With those rigging paws your attachment options increase, being able to clip directly into the paws or run dual rope bridges.

Aside from that, two large rings on your webbing bridge sounds like a winner.

Back